Greetings from a cell phone luddite

This is a discussion on Greetings from a cell phone luddite within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; I'll keep this brief: I knew smartphones have been out for awhile, but I never understood why I would need one. Hell, I didn't get ...

Thread: Greetings from a cell phone luddite

Greetings from a cell phone luddite

I'll keep this brief:

I knew smartphones have been out for awhile, but I never understood why I would need one. Hell, I didn't get a cell phone until last year (I don't like talking on the phone much; e-mail and chat is far better, in my opinion), and even that was a very basic phone and pre-paid no contract plan.

Then I saw what the Nexus One could do.

I believe I stopped drooling just long enough to utter a heartfelt "giggity" and promptly ordered one. Shipping notification arrived just an hour ago: I'll have it on Monday.

Giggity, indeed.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Welcome to the Forums! I'm glad this is your first smartphone and found the correct one!

Welcome to the 21st Century, Mark...we're glad you weren't left behind! :D
    You are about to embark of a voyage of discovery that will take you days/weeks/months to complete!:rofl3:

Untill last year I never thought I would get much out of a smartphone, although I do quite a bit of stuff online, I just didnt see the need to have that next connection "with me". Then I got my G1....HOW DID I LIVE SO LONG WITHOUT THIS!?!?!?! Haha!

The Nexus has landed

I have to say that from an aesthetic standpoint, this phone is a work of art and a thing of beauty. I still don't have phone service yet (I'm posting on that in the T-Mobile forum) but I've loved what I've seen of it so far. I was able to synchronize it via wireless with my Google account and that worked without a hitch.

So far, I've played with Maps, Speech to Text input, Gmail, and Listen. Oh, so much to explore!

I've already bought two new carrying cases (one for the gym), purchased a 32GB microSD card, bricking my old cell phone, and making plans to donate my iPod to a portable music-less friend. This phone just made my life a lot simpler.

Stage one: COMPLETE! :D

Quote Originally Posted by MrMarkAZ View Post
    I've already bought two new carrying cases (one for the gym), purchased a 32GB microSD card, bricking my old cell phone, and making plans to donate my iPod to a portable music-less friend. This phone just made my life a lot simpler.

Please do tell where and Welcome to the Forums....

Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMarkAZ View Post

Please do tell where and Welcome to the Forums....
    I purchased the card at Amazon.com ... it's actually a microSDHC, but unless I read the Wiki page wrongly (always a possibility) it looks like it should work. If not, I'll either return it or count it as a lesson learned and pick up one of the 8 GB microSD cards instead.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links