Don't buy yet!

This is a discussion on Don't buy yet! within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; I have the N1 ... but there are so many bugs! I would hold back a bit before buying it ... I'm sure Google will ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don't buy yet!

Don't buy yet!

I have the N1 ... but there are so many bugs!

I would hold back a bit before buying it ... I'm sure Google will iron it out ... I hope, anyway.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    I have the N1 ... but there are so many bugs!

I would hold back a bit before buying it ... I'm sure Google will iron it out ... I hope, anyway.
    It's a First Gen Device.....there are going to be issues that will be fixed...
    Early adopters of any device have seen this...It's the curse of having it "First".

But in no way can you suggest Not to buy it...Pros outweigh the Cons....IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post
    It's a First Gen Device.....there are going to be issues that will be fixed...
    Early adopters of any device have seen this...It's the curse of having it "First".

But in no way can you suggest Not to buy it...Pros outweigh the Cons....IMHO
    Yes, the phone has got some pretty good features ... and yes, first gen devices will tend to have issues.

But these are some really frustrating issues!

The biggest is - I cannot get my contacts from Outlook to Gmail! No matter what app you try, from GO, syncit, Google apps to Soocial ... all don't work. Worst part? Some get ported over ... so now I have to figure out which ones I'm missing ... I already noticed some important ones (My wife's ... for starters ... ).

I had to convert it to a CSV file and then export to Gmail ... and even then too ... the profile pics didn't go through. Oddly enough ... there are some profile pics in the N1 contacts and I have NO IDEA how that got there ... so there is NO WAY for me to replicate that process.

I can't keep creating CSV files when I want to update ... or do I have to from now on?????

Why can't Google just develop an 'iTunes' or 'Nokia PC Suite' type of application that would make EVERYTHING so easy?? Simple ... yet, absent.

Also, for some reason or other ... MMS cannot seem to work ... I can't send nor receive any ...

I don't know, man, BacknBlack ... maybe I'm not such a techno geek to figure all these glitches out ... the question is ... why should I need to be??? The N1 is very user unfriendly!

User unfriendly, I disagree. This phone is great, but even when Iphone came out, it had issues as well. In fact, it also gave $100 credits like google is doing now.

Yes the phones have bugs, but they are truly amazing all around. I have been very pleased with my phone.
    Pegasusrider

I LOVE my Nexus One:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

To each their own. Because you drive a jeep, I can't drive a car? Even with a few bugs, I still want this phone. Google will improve the OS, with OTA updates.

This is subjective.

I love this phone despite it's issues so far - nearly all of which are software based and will be updated.

To each their own.
    Rooted Nexus One

i didn't know people still use outlook...
    this is very subjective though. idk for pc, but for mac there's a program call missing sync will do the job fine. also i think google actually have a way to sync outlook and gmail contacts.
    at least google offered one for apple contacts and gmail sync.

MMS, contact your carrier!

Well .. I've sorted all the bugs ... except how to sync my contacts from Outlook to Gmail ... I might have to look around for some other medium to sync my Nokia with Gmail.

Never be surprised that something from Microsoft doesn't work or port over as you wish. Remember MS has been trying to sabotage FireFox since the beginning. Also they probe your drives ever chance they get when you are online. Windows 7 is what Vista was supposed to be but you still paid for Vista with ALL its problems and shortcomings. I went back to Windows XP!

Google For the People!

The biggest is - I cannot get my contacts from Outlook to Gmail! No matter what app you try, from GO, syncit, Google apps to Soocial ... all don't work. Worst part? Some get ported over ... so now I have to figure out which ones I'm missing ... I already noticed some important ones (My wife's ... for starters ... ).

I had to convert it to a CSV file and then export to Gmail ... and even then too ... the profile pics didn't go through. Oddly enough ... there are some profile pics in the N1 contacts and I have NO IDEA how that got there ... so there is NO WAY for me to replicate that process.

I can't keep creating CSV files when I want to update ... or do I have to from now on?????

Why can't Google just develop an 'iTunes' or 'Nokia PC Suite' type of application that would make EVERYTHING so easy?? Simple ... yet, absent.

The N1 is very user unfriendly!
    Lol, just lol.
    Follow me on Twitter @xPatriick
    Feel free to buy me a beer if I helped you
    This is what I use on my Nexus One (ROM, Kernel, special Apps)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links