Greets from London, England.

This is a discussion on Greets from London, England. within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hey all, i'm Stef and currently have a HTC-diamond. I've been a winmo user since the original HTC canary (orange SPV) way back in 2002! ...

Thread: Greets from London, England.

Greets from London, England.

Hey all, i'm Stef and currently have a HTC-diamond. I've been a winmo user since the original HTC canary (orange SPV) way back in 2002!

I've got to the point i'm fed up of winmo phones and the lack of real development from microsnooze. The iP**** and android OS have come along and turned the World of mobile phones upside down and shown dedicated winmo users like myself what decent development can achieve.

My hope is to get the nexus one as soon as it's available in the UK. I understand that vodafone will be the offical carrier but i await to see what their contract deals are like as i may just buy it outright and find a deal with a carrier that suits my needs and pocket.

I'm going to look through the forums as i'm interested in some apps that i know friends have on their iP**** and would like to know if they are also available on the android OS as these apps will be useful for work.

Current apps i'm looking for are a rail information one that shows me arrival times of trains at major London stations; an ATM locator for the london area, a decent twitter app that allows multiple accounts and seperate threads for each account (rather than merging all threads into one) and an app similar to boxcar on the iP**** which will push all twitter DMs to one account so that they are easy to track.

I've had a peek at the android market place but without an android phone i can't view the different apps available. No matter, i'll fire up google and do a few searches as i'm sure i'll find a listing somewhere of all the apps currently available.

Cheers for allowing me to drone on, hopefully i'll soon get my nexus so i too can suss out the great features i'm currently reading about!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

You know you don't have to wait until Vodafone start selling it through their high street shops in the UK - I bought my UK Version Nexus One directly off Google and have had it for over a week now - delivered within 3 days of ordering.

It's a superb phone, don't bother waiting - go for it - come on, jump in the waters lovely :-)

ps
    Inj case your wondering . . . I'm using a 30 day contract Sim Only from "Three UK" which gives me unlimited texts, 300 x network minutes and unlimited internet/data for just 15 per month

Welcome to the Forum acabbie...

cheers for the info.

I'm going to have a look around at the various "sim only" packages available from the providers. Ideally i need about 1200 mins a month across network and unlimited data plan. I'm currently on the t-mobile flext 50 + web'n'walk so would need something similar.

I've never bought a phone directly before as i tend to keep them for a considerable time so 18 month plans are not such an issue for me as perhaps for some. I also imagine that being an android phone it will be quite capable of running any OS upgrades for a good time to come.

I need to work through costs etc; it may be prudent to buy the phone at the current cost and sign up for a 30 day or indeed 12 month plan from someone as opposed to getting it over 18 months on vodafone.

Any advice always appreciated.

3G in UK - how do I access O2?

I received my Nexus One yesterday (I'm also in the UK). I'm on O2 simplicity and cannot receive data (internet / 3G etc.) - any advice? The 02 contract is monthly at 20 and provides unlimited internet access. Did you have any trouble connecting with "Three UK"? I've read a post about modifying the mobile network settings within Settings but this hasn't worked for me. If its an O2 problem then I'll switch to Three.

Quote Originally Posted by TBird1 View Post
    You know you don't have to wait until Vodafone start selling it through their high street shops in the UK - I bought my UK Version Nexus One directly off Google and have had it for over a week now - delivered within 3 days of ordering.

It's a superb phone, don't bother waiting - go for it - come on, jump in the waters lovely :-)

ps
    Inj case your wondering . . . I'm using a 30 day contract Sim Only from "Three UK" which gives me unlimited texts, 300 x network minutes and unlimited internet/data for just 15 per month

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links