Hello from Central New York

This is a discussion on Hello from Central New York within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; So I've been searching around for a suitable replacement for my 1st generation iPhone that died a few weeks back, and very nearly got a ...

Thread: Hello from Central New York

Twitter
    jaymcc820

Talking Hello from Central New York

So I've been searching around for a suitable replacement for my 1st generation iPhone that died a few weeks back, and very nearly got a much different phone. I had a old motorola flip phone to use as a backup in case something happened to the iPhone, and very nearly bought a different phone out of sheer frustration at having to use such an older device.

At any rate, I just ordered my Nexus One this morning and just received shipping information. Hopefully, barring any unforseen circumstances, it should be here at some point tomorrow afternoon :D I'm completely psyched :D

I do have some questions though, from people who use their phones on the job if they have some time. I deliver pizza's for a living, and very often sent to locations I'm passingly familiar with to not familiar at all. How well is the Voice Activation implemented with such things as Google Maps?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

its really accurate. there could be noise in the background and itll only hear your voice. youll be getting your little robot today, try it out and let us know how you like it.

Welcome to the Forum...

Twitter
    jaymcc820
    Thanks guys, so far this thing absolutely rocks :D The OS is very intuitive, with all the settings and features where I expected them to be, and as stated a million times before, it's very snappy. The battery came with a 67% charge, which was not expected, but hey, why look a gift horse in the mouth?

Making and taking calls so far have been awesome, but then again I live in a fairly saturated 3G area. What I didn't realize was that once I was logged into my wifi network, that it would use that, too. For calls, I mean. Data I just assumed would use it, but voice calls? Sweet!

Looking around and exploring the phone, I went through the About section in Settings, and the network it detected was HSDPA... I didn't think TMO had that in operation yet. Certainly not for my area, or is that a bug?

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links