Hi from Chi-Town!

This is a discussion on Hi from Chi-Town! within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi Everyone! Just placed the order for my Nexus One last night. Orders don't seem to be processed on the weekends, so I'm not expecting ...

Thread: Hi from Chi-Town!

Smile Hi from Chi-Town!

Hi Everyone!

Just placed the order for my Nexus One last night. Orders don't seem to be processed on the weekends, so I'm not expecting to receive the phone before Tuesday at the earliest. I was close to switching to AT&T from T-Mobile for the iPhone but the Nexus One saved T-Mobile at least one customer!

I was a loyal BlackBerry user until my co-workers, many of whom are iPhone users, convinced me to switch. I was never really fond of the idea, as I'm not really an Apple fan, but luckily the Nexus One came out just in time.

I'm looking forward to receiving the phone and testing out all of the cool android features. The BlackBerry won't be completely banned from our household though, as my wife prefers a physical QWERTY keyboard and thus will take over my old curve.

Hope to find some useful information on here.

Thanks!

Andy

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Hey, welcome to the forums!
    What does your username mean?
    Follow me on Twitter @xPatriick
    Feel free to buy me a beer if I helped you
    This is what I use on my Nexus One (ROM, Kernel, special Apps)

Hey germ, I'm in the exact same position as you. I'm from chicago (suburbs actually, just go to school in the city), and also ordered my phone yesterday.

I was SO upset when i learned that the phone didn't ship same day. I am to blame, though. I probably placed the order around 3o'clock california time.

Definitely looking forward to it....

Chi-town love... I miss my hometown
    Rooted Nexus One

Chicago here too

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

@Patriick: Viele Grüße nach Deutschland! I'm actually from Germany. My wife is American and I moved to the states almost 6 years ago. So that's where my user name comes from. GERman + aMERICAN.

@PoohBear: I'm actually in the suburbs as well. Seems we're in the exact same position. Ordered mine at around 3 p.m. California time as well. Haven't heard anything from Google other than my order was received. How about you? I figured they'd probably ship it Monday so I should have it on Tuesday. We'll see...

It worked out well for me. I switched to T-Mobile a while ago but my wife stayed with U.S. Cellular. We've been wanting to switch her over to my account for some time but luckily hadn't done so yet. We're porting her number now with the Nexus One and she'll take my BlackBerry. I'm up for an upgrade in March anyway and she'll just get the Bold then.

yes yes, I grew up int he suburbs as well... but it's so much easier to just tell people Chicago than "well, 30 min south of chi on 95, which isn't really far at all. Looking north on Halsted I can see the skyline" blah blah blah.
    Rooted Nexus One

Quote Originally Posted by Germerican View Post
    @Patriick: Viele Grüße nach Deutschland! I'm actually from Germany. My wife is American and I moved to the states almost 6 years ago. So that's where my user name comes from. GERman + aMERICAN.
    Woot, I knew it!
    Schönen Gruß zurück :D
    Follow me on Twitter @xPatriick
    Feel free to buy me a beer if I helped you
    This is what I use on my Nexus One (ROM, Kernel, special Apps)

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links