Hello all

This is a discussion on Hello all within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; New to the site. Just wanting to get everyone's opinions on if I should get a moto droid now or wait for the N1 to ...

Thread: Hello all

Hello all

New to the site. Just wanting to get everyone's opinions on if I should get a moto droid now or wait for the N1 to be released in the spring and what's the difference between them? Can I still download apps on the N1? If so, is there a website I can see which apps are available? How much would the N1 cost? Is it "better" than the droid? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

ETA: I am on Verizon if that matters.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Welcome to our forums, mybad! We're glad you've chosen to seek advice and knowledge here...a wise choice indeed :D.

The choice between the Droid and the N1 is, IMHO, largely dependent on your need/desire for a physical keyboard. Both run the same OS, though the N1 does come with the newer 2.1 version. The Droid should be getting the update to 2.1 soon.

Both are capable of downloading apps from the same marketplace. Though you can't access that marketplace without one of the phones, you can get an idea by looking at androlib.com, which offers the most popular apps.

The N1 is currently available only from Google, and, out of contract (and not operable on Verizon) goes for $529. The Droid is available now from local merchants, and can be purchased subsidized for around $200. The choice is yours as to whether you want to wait for Verizon to get the N1.

Lastly, the N1 does have a slightly faster processor than the Droid, and uses an AMOLED screen, where the Droid uses LED. In practice, the N1 screen should be slightly brighter than the Droid's, and should also use less battery power.

Hope that covers most of your immediate questions for now. If you just read around here a bit, and do some forum searches, you'll find that there's lots more information here that will help you make your choice.

Good luck!

Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links