hey all

This is a discussion on hey all within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; just got my nexus one last night, charged it and played with it all night!...

Thread: hey all

hey all

just got my nexus one last night, charged it and played with it all night!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

And you're impressed?

Welcome to the forum, deel. We're glad you're here.

Deel, so what don't you like about your new N1 now that you've played with it all night?

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    And you're impressed?

Welcome to the forum, deel. We're glad you're here.

yea, definitely impressed. even edge is super fast! i was using more of the functionality like getting accustomed to the keys at the bottom, typing, layout, etc. so didnt really get to see or test all the apps

i'm at work now and totally distracted

Quote Originally Posted by willcraver View Post
    Deel, so what don't you like about your new N1 now that you've played with it all night?

well, this is more of a tmobile issue, but at my apt, i dont have 3g, only edge. but surprisingly it is very fast. at work 3g works fine, here's to hoping that now that i have 3g, it doesnt turn off when i go home

i dont like how sometimes i have to touch an onscreen icon more than once sometimes, but i cant tell if that's more user error. i havent had the issue with the 4 bottom home keys where ive read that some users have to touch the area above it to register.

like i said above, i was using more of the functionality rather than the apps, so not much to say there. also last night i spent majority of the time to try to get 3g to work, so still havent used it for "normal" use.

also, this is more related to google voice or tmobile, but i wish there was a way to port my current number to google voice. but on the other hand, if i did that, i'd have total buyer's remorse for not getting the phone at full price. i bought it on contract b/c i didnt want to put up half a grand up front and the $130 cost savings over 2 years isnt too bad. everyone complains about tmobile, but the 3g is pretty good. my blackberry curve on att was slow b/c of edge, and calls always dropped failed, so no complaints about leaving that. though if a 3g att nexus wouldve come out at the same time with similar pricing, i wouldve probably stayed with att

one last thing is the size. the thinness and weight of the phone is great, but the thinness makes it a little difficult to hold the phone when making a call, but again, it might be b/c i'm not use to it yet and am afraid of dropping it. i'm looking at cases, hope they dont add too much bulk

2 other things i dont like. i'm always hitting the volume button on the side, especially when taking it out of its pouch. it'd be nice if there's some sort of lock function.

also when the stock keyboard comes up, when i hit the upper row, qwerty, i sometimes hit the screen and it takes me out of the screen i was trying to type in, so sort of annoying

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links