Professional Developer Jumping Ship From The iPhone

This is a discussion on Professional Developer Jumping Ship From The iPhone within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hello all, it's a pleasure to join your community as I am a recent adopter of the Nexus One and a long time iPhone user. ...

Thread: Professional Developer Jumping Ship From The iPhone

Professional Developer Jumping Ship From The iPhone

Hello all, it's a pleasure to join your community as I am a recent adopter of the Nexus One and a long time iPhone user. I'm a software engineer by trade and have a bachelor's degree in computer science so my opinions are always through the eyes of a techy.

I've had the phone now for 3 weeks after owning an iPhone 3g for a year, I never thought the 3GS was enough to take the plunge. In any case after a few weeks of ownership I freaking love my N1, I'm running Cyanogenmod 5.0 and hands down haven't looked back. The only gripe that I have is the lack of wma support, because I love listening to an online radio feed from Cumulus, and those assholes only put out wma. Other than that (almost), it rocks the iPhone's world.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Ryan View Post
    Hello all, it's a pleasure to join your community as I am a recent adopter of the Nexus One and a long time iPhone user. I'm a software engineer by trade and have a bachelor's degree in computer science so my opinions are always through the eyes of a techy.

I've had the phone now for 3 weeks after owning an iPhone 3g for a year, I never thought the 3GS was enough to take the plunge. In any case after a few weeks of ownership I freaking love my N1, I'm running Cyanogenmod 5.0 and hands down haven't looked back. The only gripe that I have is the lack of wma support, because I love listening to an online radio feed from Cumulus, and those assholes only put out wma. Other than that (almost), it rocks the iPhone's world.
    Welcome on board... hope to see a lot of 'techy' stuff from you in the future!!

I too am a cumulus broadcasts oficionado and dont know why Nexus one lacks radio

Quote Originally Posted by cbroberts2010 View Post
    I too am a cumulus broadcasts oficionado and dont know why Nexus one lacks radio
    If you look in the app market, there is a app called 'A Online Radio' which can play all channels of shoutcast / icecast.

Try that...

I will try that app is just that for such an 'advanced device' seems like they left off a lot of basics for business folks on the go....like radio, outlook syncing, better speakers too

Also, why didnt they test the 3g coverage with t-mobile...i gave up on it and set mine to use EDGE all the time..kind of defeats the selling point of 3g, but on the brighter side...it does save on the battery.....somewhat

Quote Originally Posted by cbroberts2010 View Post
    Also, why didnt they test the 3g coverage with t-mobile...i gave up on it and set mine to use EDGE all the time..kind of defeats the selling point of 3g, but on the brighter side...it does save on the battery.....somewhat

I hear you, some of the other members though, said that their 3G improved after the new update, which was one of the reason for it.

Ya my 3g got little better after rooting and flashing the radio

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links