Should get phone tomorrow...what's the first thing I need to download/fix etc?

This is a discussion on Should get phone tomorrow...what's the first thing I need to download/fix etc? within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hello everyone. I'm from the Blackberry family. Had 3 of them and literally have told 30+ ppl to get Blackberries (and they did). I couldn't ...

Thread: Should get phone tomorrow...what's the first thing I need to download/fix etc?

Should get phone tomorrow...what's the first thing I need to download/fix etc?

Hello everyone.

I'm from the Blackberry family. Had 3 of them and literally have told 30+ ppl to get Blackberries (and they did). I couldn't live without them for business. When the G1 first came out, I bought my gf it so I could play with it myself lol...and since then I've tried to find every reason to go Android but couldn't let go of my Blackberry (I just love how easy it is to type on the Blackberries).

Recently, my Bold has been screwy and has been dropping calls like mad (now I'm positive it's my individual phone not all Bolds) and even BB Messenger has let me down a lot (super delayed msgs).

I ordered a Nexus One a lil over 24 hours ago and I should get mine within 12 hours so I'm super excited.

What should I download first? What should I update, anything to pay attention to? Also, how fast did most ppl get used to the change of a tactile-less keyboard? I'm heard Swype/Shapewritter is a must, what do you guys recommend?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by Kane317 View Post
    Hello everyone.

I'm from the Blackberry family. Had 3 of them and literally have told 30+ ppl to get Blackberries (and they did). I couldn't live without them for business. When the G1 first came out, I bought my gf it so I could play with it myself lol...and since then I've tried to find every reason to go Android but couldn't let go of my Blackberry (I just love how easy it is to type on the Blackberries).

Recently, my Bold has been screwy and has been dropping calls like mad (now I'm positive it's my individual phone not all Bolds) and even BB Messenger has let me down a lot (super delayed msgs).

I ordered a Nexus One a lil over 24 hours ago and I should get mine within 12 hours so I'm super excited.

What should I download first? What should I update, anything to pay attention to? Also, how fast did most ppl get used to the change of a tactile-less keyboard? I'm heard Swype/Shapewritter is a must, what do you guys recommend?
    Key to setting up your email is to use Gmail to link via Pop mail with your other mails, and allow Gmail to push email to you instead of setting up default email client that will have to be set up as pull mail. That's what I needed to do in order to get use to my change from BB to N1. If you set up default email client for IMAP and have it check mail every 15 minutes, it's delayed and it wasted battery. By having it set up all under Gmail (I have 4 company email acconts that I need to check) Gmail pushes all those emails to me, and I save battery life from all the accounts that I have to sync on my N1.

Swype is awesome! Still have the version that pops up that error, does anyone know if there is a fix to that? I got a Google Voice account, so I can text for free that I'd suggest!!

After your initial turn on you will be prompted to make a google account or enter an existing google account. Directly afterward, the phone updates to the latest version so you don't have to worry about updates.

Some to download when you first get your phone:

• Taskiller - For saving memory when not using programs
    • Movies - Best free movie app
    • Layar
    • Pandora - Love this
    • Google translator
    • Google Sky
    • Meebo - For facebook instant messaging
    • pretty much anything made by google

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. The app story is getting huge.

Edit: Here are some non-interactive wallpapers/backgrounds to put on your phone if you want to save battery power.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links