Still a little hesitant

This is a discussion on Still a little hesitant within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hello everyone, My names Matthew and I'm new to the forums and have been wanting a Nexus One since...god, like December. Ive been seriously debating ...

Thread: Still a little hesitant

Still a little hesitant

Hello everyone, My names Matthew and I'm new to the forums and have been wanting a Nexus One since...god, like December. Ive been seriously debating buying one. I work part time, so ive been putting a little money aside little by little and almost have enough. Will have enough by next paycheck.
    I'm still a little hesitant about buying one though...I LOVE!!! the phone but there are 2 issues that are keeping me from ordering one right now (well 3 if you count needed the last bit of money lol)

1. The soft keys! I've seen in videos that a lot of people have trouble clicking their buttons because their not lined up to the touch screen right, or w/e. You need to tap a little above...minor nausence.

2. The antenna(?that what its called?) placement. I heard that the antenna is placed at the bottom of the phone and you lose service if you hold it at the bottom (which I do) This will be a big problem since I am on the phone with my gf constantly.

Is there any news of those problems being fixed soon? i have heard rumors of a recall and dont want to order one now if there is going to be.
    Im having trouble letting go of my beloved G1, but have to because the screen is cracked and I cant see half of it (damn animals knocking my phone off the counter and onto the tile).

Reassure me! Please! So I can buy my beautiful Nexus One! *drools*

**Also** Is anyone here a resident of the bay area? (CA), more specifically, East Bay. I want to know how the 3G coverage on T-mobile is on the Nexus One. I disabled my G1's internet shortly after buying it because I couldnt afford it, and now I can :D

Thanks,
    Matt

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by Nowski View Post
    Hello everyone, My names Matthew and I'm new to the forums and have been wanting a Nexus One since...god, like December. Ive been seriously debating buying one. I work part time, so ive been putting a little money aside little by little and almost have enough. Will have enough by next paycheck.
    I'm still a little hesitant about buying one though...I LOVE!!! the phone but there are 2 issues that are keeping me from ordering one right now (well 3 if you count needed the last bit of money lol)

1. The soft keys! I've seen in videos that a lot of people have trouble clicking their buttons because their not lined up to the touch screen right, or w/e. You need to tap a little above...minor nausence.

2. The antenna(?that what its called?) placement. I heard that the antenna is placed at the bottom of the phone and you lose service if you hold it at the bottom (which I do) This will be a big problem since I am on the phone with my gf constantly.

Is there any news of those problems being fixed soon? i have heard rumors of a recall and dont want to order one now if there is going to be.
    Im having trouble letting go of my beloved G1, but have to because the screen is cracked and I cant see half of it (damn animals knocking my phone off the counter and onto the tile).

Reassure me! Please! So I can buy my beautiful Nexus One! *drools*

**Also** Is anyone here a resident of the bay area? (CA), more specifically, East Bay. I want to know how the 3G coverage on T-mobile is on the Nexus One. I disabled my G1's internet shortly after buying it because I couldnt afford it, and now I can :D

Thanks,
    Matt
    You will only be bothered by softkeys if you have small finger tips. Normal finger tips cover the whole button anyways and it usually clicks. Not an annoyance to me. I can't really actually tell if the actual button is above the key or not. No problem with phone calls here lol..
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Okay, thanks. I have...normal size fingertips? Lol.
    No call problems, good. Hopefully I'll get a good one then. I know some have had problems..seen them on youtube

Some people have fat finger tips some have skinny ones.. lol. I haven't had any major problems. Just sometimes if you press it at a wierd angle it doesn't click but it happened to my Droid as well so I don't think its the phone.
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by ezeddiekun View Post
    Some people have fat finger tips some have skinny ones.. lol. I haven't had any major problems. Just sometimes if you press it at a wierd angle it doesn't click but it happened to my Droid as well so I don't think its the phone.
    Oh, okay. Im already pretty much set on buying it now :D
    I cant wait...I'm counting the days until payday! Ugh, it seems like so far away. The worst wait will be after I order it..

Well my opinion: I love the phone, I hate T-mobile. If i knew internet speed with be slower than Verizon and Sprint.....and service would switch to edge in almost every building i would of waited. Also calls drop constantly for me....And the phone doesn't even say lost signal, so i end of blaming it on the other people! lol Lastly you cant blame one particular company. Tmobile-HTC-Google They all blame each other! It will be on Verizon network this month! I would wait! "My Opinion" Oh i am in Dallas TX so services of course vary.

i hear ya on the service. i gave t-mo and nexus one a trial run for a week and noticed i dropped more calls on this phone then i did in a five year span with verizon. so i called verizon to re-activate my account and sent the phone back today. sorry t-mo. i gave u a chance. HTC win... T-MO fail. i figured i can use my BB curve for another month before the nexus one comes out on verizon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Oh, im sorry for your problems guys =[ I live in the Bay Area, Nor Cal and I have pretty good coverage. Never had a dropped call with T-Mo in the 2 years Ive been with them and I have 3G almost everywhere except the hills.
    I like T-Mobile because IMO they have the best customer service of any company. They've treated us well.

Oh, im sorry for your problems guys =[ I live in the Bay Area, Nor Cal and I have pretty good coverage. Never had a dropped call with T-Mo in the 2 years Ive been with them and I have 3G almost everywhere except the hills.
    I like T-Mobile because IMO they have the best customer service of any company. They've treated us well.
    you're right about customer service... very quick and responsive... so yeah +1 on customer service and pricing. cheapest of the other carriers. although i just finished watching a sprint commercial and said $69.99 unlimited everything but there has to be a catch. anywho i'm willing to spent a couple extra bucks for reliable service... just my $.02
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Will Survive View Post
    you're right about customer service... very quick and responsive... so yeah +1 on customer service and pricing. cheapest of the other carriers. although i just finished watching a sprint commercial and said $69.99 unlimited everything but there has to be a catch. anywho i'm willing to spent a couple extra bucks for reliable service... just my $.02
    Well T-Mobile now has the Even More Plus plan, its $59.99 for 500 mins, unlimited data, unlimited text. and No contract. Its perfect for me

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links