SoylentQueen

This is a discussion on SoylentQueen within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi! I'm new to the forum. Here's where I'm coming from: After spending some time in the desert and sitting on my hands while I ...

Thread: SoylentQueen

Thumbs up SoylentQueen

Hi!

I'm new to the forum. Here's where I'm coming from: After spending some time in the desert and sitting on my hands while I watched my companions connecting on their iPhones, I'm biting the bullet, getting ready to finally go 3G for the first time.

I work on a Mac, but I'm not a Mac addict by any means, so I'm weighing the pros and cons of iPhone vs. Nexus One.

My concerns:

Tethering: My reading leads me to the conclusion that you have to jailbreak the iPhone to tether your laptop to the phone, and that dire things may or may not happen with a jailbroken phone. My reading is giving me a better impression of the ease of tethering with a Nexus One. Interested in hearing more input, but at this point the scales are tilted toward Nexus One...

Calendar sync: I work primarily with my iCal on my Mac. I guess I could switch to Google Calendar and am hoping that I won't regret that. Most of the messages I see on this forum concern synching with Exchange, though. Exchange? Bah. I don't touch the stuff. So I'm interested in hearing about the pluses and minuses of Google calendar and synching with Nexus One.

Getting my hands on one: Is it true the only way to test it out is to order it online? No stores carry it? that seems like a big disincentive. Before I shell out, I'd really like to play with it.

Returning it if I don't like it: Is anybody having issues? There's what, a 2-week period after purchase where you can return it without penalty? I could be totally off-base, as I haven't barely scratched the surface on this question.

Thanks for any help anybody can offer.
    Cheers!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I got my nexus one 4 days ago and Im very excited about this change! I use to own a 3GS. I started transfering all my calendar events to google calendar and I was able to sync it from there. same goes with my contacts as I sync them from itunes to my gmail account.

Havent tried the tethering yet but if you search in this fourm, people are able to do it wihout the jailbreak. Theres a few apps in the market place about tethering.

No stores carries nexus one. You have to buy it from Google.com otherwise buy a used one from CL or Amazon.

So far im impressed with my nexus! I will never regret switching phones!

Actually I've read on these forums that T-Mobile stores may have a Nexus One Display Model at they're stores that you can check out. But it must still be purchased online.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

oh good, I didn't know that about T-Mobile

Thanks for the input! I'll check in my local T-Mobile store to play with the Nexus one.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links