Just ordered my AT&T Nexus One

This is a discussion on Just ordered my AT&T Nexus One within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by itzjere Originally Posted by ogxjason15 Rooted the Nexus One and installed the latest Cyanogen....Man I thought the Stock Firmware was fast....this thing ...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Just ordered my AT&T Nexus One

Quote Originally Posted by itzjere View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ogxjason15 View Post
    Rooted the Nexus One and installed the latest Cyanogen....Man I thought the Stock Firmware was fast....this thing FLIES!!!
    Haha, sounds like you rooted anyways regardless of the warranty.. I've read the process.. how did you find it? was it your first time? easy enough?

I'm super tempted to root.. but I feel like I should at least use it for a week.. if not longer lol
    I just found it from random places.....I have rooted G1's before, but rooting a Nexus one is totally different. It was pretty difficult to get the drivers to detect the phone (I was using Windows 7). Also the latest Cyanogen 5.05.2 bricked my phone, so I went with the 5.05 instead and it worked.

I can write up a tutorial later of what I did exactly if you like.

Let me know.

Rooted the Nexus One and installed the latest Cyanogen....Man I thought the Stock Firmware was fast....this thing FLIES!!!
    Haha, sounds like you rooted anyways regardless of the warranty.. I've read the process.. how did you find it? was it your first time? easy enough?

I'm super tempted to root.. but I feel like I should at least use it for a week.. if not longer lol
    I just found it from random places.....I have rooted G1's before, but rooting a Nexus one is totally different. It was pretty difficult to get the drivers to detect the phone (I was using Windows 7). Also the latest Cyanogen 5.05.2 bricked my phone, so I went with the 5.05 instead and it worked.

Let me know.
    Thanks for the heads up on the 5.05.2.. I'm still not sure if I want to Cyanogen or MoDaCo at this point.. Cyanogen looks like it has a lot of neat things, but things I don't really need.. I'm just looking for an overall performance increase, and the ability to install little hacks that I want (wake with track ball, etc).

No need to write a guide.. Appreciate the offer, but I've read a few on this forum, and others. I'm sure your steps will be same/similar to those. Maybe some info on getting the drivers to work on Win7?

Oh I just found a link to MaDoCo's online kitchen.. that thing is sweet!

Edit: Premi members only.. doh

Let me know.
    Thanks for the heads up on the 5.05.2.. I'm still not sure if I want to Cyanogen or MoDaCo at this point.. Cyanogen looks like it has a lot of neat things, but things I don't really need.. I'm just looking for an overall performance increase, and the ability to install little hacks that I want (wake with track ball, etc).

No need to write a guide.. Appreciate the offer, but I've read a few on this forum, and others. I'm sure your steps will be same/similar to those. Maybe some info on getting the drivers to work on Win7?
    Cyanogen has a great performance increase. It has the wake with trackball you want as well. I really like Cyanogen (always used it with my G1), but I have never tried MoDaCo.

You should give both a try....

I just dropped my phone for the first time . When I tried to put the phone into the pouch, it slipped out of my hands and onto the concrete floor. Good thing half of the phone was inside the pouch already. I have a small nick on the top of the phone now:mad:

Humm... maybe I will try Cyanogen! everyone seems to be raving about it.. but i'll need to try it for myself... once i root my phone LOL

Ouch on dropping the phone.. that stuff happens thou unfortunately

Humm... maybe I will try Cyanogen! everyone seems to be raving about it.. but i'll need to try it for myself... once i root my phone LOL

Ouch on dropping the phone.. that stuff happens thou unfortunately
    I just tried the MoDaCo's Desire rom...I like it too!! I now have Flash support ...But the memory gets kind of low because of all the running processes. The kitchen looks good too...I so want to try it :D

I did a nandroid backup of my Cyanogen, so I can go back anytime I feel like it.

Wow im scared to try the desire rom since its still alpha. I just rooted and flashed yesterday to cyanogen! Love the speed!

Wow im scared to try the desire rom since its still alpha. I just rooted and flashed yesterday to cyanogen! Love the speed!
    Don't be scared....just do a nandroid backup of your cyanogen....I switch between the Cyanogen and the Desire rom....:D

Told ya, its fast isn't it ?

You were right indeed. I was able to load 5.0.5.3 without any issues.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links