Just ordered my AT&T Nexus One

This is a discussion on Just ordered my AT&T Nexus One within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hey all, I just ordered up a Nexus One with AT&T band support. It'll be in tomorrow hopefully and the SIM from my iPhone 3G ...

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just ordered my AT&T Nexus One

Just ordered my AT&T Nexus One

Hey all,

I just ordered up a Nexus One with AT&T band support. It'll be in tomorrow hopefully and the SIM from my iPhone 3G is getting ripped out for once and all. Also bought a 16gb micro sd card from newegg to accompany the new phone. See you all around!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Welcome, and congratulations! You're sure to be one of the first with a 3G N1 on ATT!

(Reminds me of a song from the '70s musical "Hair": "LBJ took the IRT down to 4th St USA...."

Haha what an excellent reference!

And yes, I've wanted a N1 since I first saw it a couple weeks before it came out - was heart broken to see it couldnt cut it on ATT 3G. So happy this new version skipped out so soon after the release of the T-mo version. Anyways, one big question stands out in my mind:

So I wanted to buy a HTC Desire mainly for the Sense UI. All of the other hardware differences were unimportant to me and the trackball seems nice anyways. So, all of the discussion on 'rooting' is what I think one needs to do in order to put a new ROM and thusly a new UI with that ROM onto one's N1. Where should I turn to read up on and learn about this process? Thanks for the info!

Sense just seems a bit nicer, but I'll give vanilla Eclair a run for the first few weeks.

Thanks all.

Quote Originally Posted by Davek804 View Post
    Hey all,

I just ordered up a Nexus One with AT&T band support. It'll be in tomorrow hopefully and the SIM from my iPhone 3G is getting ripped out for once and all. Also bought a 16gb micro sd card from newegg to accompany the new phone. See you all around!

After the news today, I too have thought of getting the ATT N1 due to me having a 1st gen Iphone. Will you have the same plan with att that you had with your 3G? or will it change?

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...-thread-d.html

This is probably the most comprehensive thread we have about rooting your N1. But you would be very wise to spend some time with Eclair 2.1 before you do ANYTHING to your Nexus!

I ordered the att nexus one around noon time - I doubt it will be here tomorrow since it seems google doesnt ship the same day of order

Richard

Yeah, I did the same with my iPhone - spent plenty of time with it before jailbreaking. I'm sure I'lll take handle of the ropes before I root.

Anyways, to answer the above question, I don't expect to change anything about my plan with ATT. I dont even intend to mention that I ever changed my phone. I mean, to get the data plan off of there would be dumb since I dont have 100% wifi coverage and greatly enjoy wasting time on 3G as well.

So yeah, should still be $70 a month, unfortunately.

Yeah, I did the same with my iPhone - spent plenty of time with it before jailbreaking. I'm sure I'lll take handle of the ropes before I root.

Anyways, to answer the above question, I don't expect to change anything about my plan with ATT. I dont even intend to mention that I ever changed my phone. I mean, to get the data plan off of there would be dumb since I dont have 100% wifi coverage and greatly enjoy wasting time on 3G as well.

So yeah, should still be $70 a month, unfortunately.
    Thanks. This makes it so tempting to go home and order it. Just kind of curious as to the plans that VZW will come out with.

I ordered mine not too long ago as well. I'm crossing my fingers it will be here tomorrow. The shipping depot is only 2 hours away from me.. maybe if I drive down there.. hummm..

Hey all,

Please do a speed test between the two phones. Im so curious about how much faster the N1 will be at rendering webpages and such. Apples and oranges I know but when I did my att iphone 3gs agains a verizon droid, omg the droid blew it out of the water (jax fl)

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links