iPhone convert

This is a discussion on iPhone convert within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hey guys. Currently waiting for FedEx to deliver my N1. I've owned every previous version of the iPhone. Sold my 3GS on Craigslist when the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iPhone convert

iPhone convert

Hey guys. Currently waiting for FedEx to deliver my N1. I've owned every previous version of the iPhone. Sold my 3GS on Craigslist when the AT&T version of the N1 came out and ordered it. Figured at the very least I can use it until the new iPhone drops in a few months.

I use my phone for both personal and business use. I'm a little concerned about the Exchange compatibility. Will probably have to invest in Touchdown because I must have Exchange calendar support. Do I have to use my Gmail account on the phone or can I just use my Exchange account? I have my Gmail forwarded to my Exchange email address.

I'll update you guys on my thoughts once I've spent some time with the N1.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by ScottBGKY View Post
    Hey guys. Currently waiting for FedEx to deliver my N1. I've owned every previous version of the iPhone. Sold my 3GS on Craigslist when the AT&T version of the N1 came out and ordered it. Figured at the very least I can use it until the new iPhone drops in a few months.

I use my phone for both personal and business use. I'm a little concerned about the Exchange compatibility. Will probably have to invest in Touchdown because I must have Exchange calendar support. Do I have to use my Gmail account on the phone or can I just use my Exchange account? I have my Gmail forwarded to my Exchange email address.

I'll update you guys on my thoughts once I've spent some time with the N1.
    You have to use your Gmail account when setting up the phone. THis is how it tracks what apps you have, your contacts, calendar, etc...

So yes, you need to use your GMail account
    Bought the AT&T N1.

Oh, and welcome. Ditch the iPhone and stay clear. You'll be happy with the N1
    Bought the AT&T N1.

So far so good guys. Really liking the phone. Takes some getting used to however. So used to the 1 button OS of the iPhone. Using the back and action button is not natural for me yet. I've found apps to replace the ones I used on the iPhone for everything except a good RSS reader so far.

I absolute love the feel of the hardware. The N1 is awesome in your hand. The matte back is very nice. Happy camper so far. Loving using Google Voice for my voicemail. Gotta figure out how to record my greeting.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottBGKY View Post
    So far so good guys. Really liking the phone. Takes some getting used to however. So used to the 1 button OS of the iPhone. Using the back and action button is not natural for me yet. I've found apps to replace the ones I used on the iPhone for everything except a good RSS reader so far.

I absolute love the feel of the hardware. The N1 is awesome in your hand. The matte back is very nice. Happy camper so far. Loving using Google Voice for my voicemail. Gotta figure out how to record my greeting.
    Glad youre liking it.

For recording your Google Voice voicemail account, you can go online to do it. I am not sure about through the actual app, but if you go online to www.google.com/voice, you can record it from there. It will call your phone and you use your phone to record.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

Rooted my N1 today and installed Cyanogen's mod. I don't waste any time.

How are you liking it rooted?
    Bought the AT&T N1.

Different phone since rooting and flashing with Cyanogen 5.0.5. Really smooth now. Unlocking via trackball rocks. Battery life still sucks. Took off charger at 7:30am this morning fully charged. Normal usage and it's at 40% now at 1:40pm.

Yeah, that is unfortunate for battery life, but all smartphones have bad battery life. Im considering getting one of the extended life batteries. It adds size, but you get a lot more life out of the phone.

Im still debating if I want to root my N1 when I get it.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

i'm going to root like 3 or 4 days after i get my vzw n1 just to make sure there's nothing wrong with the phone (i doubt there will be). i know it's the best phone but just in case mine is defective. got to play it safe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links