About to order... need advice pls

This is a discussion on About to order... need advice pls within the Nexus One Introductions forums, part of the Nexus One category; So I'm about to order an unlocked N1 for use in Canada. It's not my first Android phone, I use to have a Hero but ...

Thread: About to order... need advice pls

About to order... need advice pls

So I'm about to order an unlocked N1 for use in Canada. It's not my first Android phone, I use to have a Hero but gave it up and returned to BlackBerry.

I found 2 big problems with the Hero (running 1.5 OS). First, SMS messages where spotty. Sometimes they just wouldn't come through or send. Second, Gmail was also unreliable. Often I'd get email hours after it was sent.

Do these problems still plague Android? I just love the platform but really need reliability. The BB isn't a "fun" device but the basics work for me.

thx!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I think that's more of your network and not the phone

Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post
    So I'm about to order an unlocked N1 for use in Canada. It's not my first Android phone, I use to have a Hero but gave it up and returned to BlackBerry.

I found 2 big problems with the Hero (running 1.5 OS). First, SMS messages where spotty. Sometimes they just wouldn't come through or send. Second, Gmail was also unreliable. Often I'd get email hours after it was sent.

Do these problems still plague Android? I just love the platform but really need reliability. The BB isn't a "fun" device but the basics work for me.

thx!
    Well just got my nexus today and using it on rogers. Text messaging working great and gmail is wonderful. I had to give up my yahoo account as it would cost me 20 to forward my mail or get imap settings. That's my only email issue

The hero was on an older OS. Nexus is on the newest so I'm sure those minor issues were fixed.

HTH

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links