Battery issue and android OS

This is a discussion on Battery issue and android OS within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; i have had my phone for about three weeks up to now the batterylife ahs been great. however recently the battery is draining really quickly. ...

Thread: Battery issue and android OS

Battery issue and android OS

i have had my phone for about three weeks up to now the batterylife ahs been great. however recently the battery is draining really quickly. i have made sure that everything i don't need is turned off.

however i notice that where it says battery usage at the top I have the android OS using 70% of battery, now I'm sure when I checked before, it was not using that much or was even showing (can't remember).

Any ideas guys?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I don't know if you tried it yet, but try to turn OFF your phone (it's better to take the battery out and put it back in too). Before turning it back on, charge your phone until it shows the green indicator then turn it ON. Don't charge it again until you totally drain the battery.

Also, try resetting the phone to the factory settings prior to what I mentioned above. Or even better, try resetting the phone to the factory settings and see if that solves your problem.

I hope this helps.

I had the same thought so took my battery out and then recharged. All looks good.

It was as if something called android OS was running all the time and there was no way to shut it down. the phone even felt hot as if it was running something.

Since taking the battery out etc the Android OS does not appear in the battery usage stats any more and the battery seems to be back to what it was.

is this a common problem? and how or what is android Os and how or why was if running?

i like to know the reason why for things.

Any way thank you for your help.

My Android Os is usually very low. Not sure if you know it, but you can tap on the Android Os to see a short detail of what is using the Os. Most of mine comes from data received, which might help you track it down.

Quote Originally Posted by ttilmo View Post
    i have had my phone for about three weeks up to now the batterylife ahs been great. however recently the battery is draining really quickly. i have made sure that everything i don't need is turned off.

however i notice that where it says battery usage at the top I have the android OS using 70% of battery, now I'm sure when I checked before, it was not using that much or was even showing (can't remember).

Any ideas guys?
    You should get a app called Taskill it will improve your battery life by about 20-30%. Basically you would just kill all running processes in the background like other apps. You can find the app in Android Market the app is free.

Quote Originally Posted by bassodisee View Post

Any ideas guys?
    You should get a app called Taskill it will improve your battery life by about 20-30%. Basically you would just kill all running processes in the background like other apps. You can find the app in Android Market the app is free.
    http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...ackground.html

Quote Originally Posted by cabinets View Post

Any ideas guys?
    Thank you for the update I thought it was working for me but I guess it did not make a difference.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by cabinets View Post
    Thank you for the update I thought it was working for me but I guess it did not make a difference.
    Not saying it isn't working. Just that some are debating it. I for one won't use a task killer because of a couple of apps I have it harms. But that's me. I'm sure you can find posts that say they work splendidly. This one just says the opposite. Long way of saying, heck, I don't know.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links