slider problems when answering calls

This is a discussion on slider problems when answering calls within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; So have had my phone for a few months. Recently I've discovered the joys of rooting and custom roms. However in the past few days ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: slider problems when answering calls

slider problems when answering calls

So have had my phone for a few months.

Recently I've discovered the joys of rooting and custom roms.

However in the past few days I've discovered a very annoying problem. When I receive calls the slider to answer the calls does not work, the touch screen just does not recognise me pressing anything.

It is very annoying!!

I've added the Cyan mod with Nextheme.

Anyone else having this problem or know a fix?

Thanks!!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

i've had the phone crash whilst receiving a call, trying to slide the thing, and the usb cable unplugging

Quote Originally Posted by browngeek View Post
    ...When I receive calls the slider to answer the calls does not work, the touch screen just does not recognise me pressing anything.

It is very annoying!! <snip>

Anyone else having this problem or know a fix?

Thanks!!
    Mine is doing this too from time to time. Very annoying. My unit is Stock though and not rooted like yours.

Wonder if anyone has considered a utility to answer by hardware key. Fore example two clicks of trackball = answer / three click = reject / one click = accidental press = do nothing.

Don't know ow prevalent this issue it. Might be a handy utility to have as a back up.

Hi

Don't seem to have this problem anymore now, strange.

Way to resolve it seems to be doing a reboot of the phone.

Re: slider problems when answering calls

Yeah i get that same problem with the slider when answering calls. Most of the time i really have to slide it slowly for it to register or else it will go back. The sliding factor isnt smooth at all and definitely needs a fix.

Hopefully Google included a fix for it in their next update...along with several other fixes

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Yeah but a PITA when it happens isn't it. will keep and eye on it ans see if it happens again.

nsm

Re: slider problems when answering calls

I think it is more of a widespread issue as I occasionally suffer from the very same issue.

Hope Google look at this too.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

The only time I've ever had problems answering calls or using the slide to unlock part of the phone is if I've been holding it in my right hand, with my palm resting on the very edge of the touch screen.

If I move my palm it works fine, and if I hold it in my left hand it works fine too, so all I can assume is that the screen is getting confused by the extra touch and doesn't register.

Interestingly, holding it in my right hand, the part of the screen my palm touches is on the same axis as the slider - I wonder if this is another manifestation of the multitouch / poor spec screen problem.

It's no big deal though, just takes a little wiggle and it's sorted

Sometimes answering via the green swipe doesn't work and calls get hung up on instead. (Nexus One, Android 2.2.2.)

The way I see it, there are two problems.

1. When CPU load is heavy, the screen is much less responsive, and in particular has a harder time discerning "swipes". The CPU is not checking the screen as often and won't pick up a high resolution track of touches to form a "swipe"; it will only see a bunch of disconnected, individual touches. (When it happened to me this morning, my "Syncing" icon was on, and there was really slow drawing of icons on the home screen. Clearly the CPU was bogged down.)

2. The UI design of the answer screen is faulty: The green swipe is right next to, and in fact swiping it leads into, the red "Ignore call" button. (This is kind of like car companies putting the brake and gas pedals right too close together. Go and google "audi sudden acceleration".)

So, what winds up happening is, you try and answer the phone, the swipe action is only partially registered, but the red "ignore" click is easily registered (because it takes just one touch event), and the call is ignored. Everyone gets mad.

This has been a problem since day one, but feels like it's getting worse with every new Android release. (Which makes some kind of sense: Android and/or apps are giving the CPU more things to do, over time.)

The lock/unlock with power button worked for me. I experienced it only 3 times over 6 months.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links