CRAZY 16bit color issue! Test yours!

This is a discussion on CRAZY 16bit color issue! Test yours! within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Ok this is crazyyy... So I'm coming from an iPhone and I noticed first off the way pictures look on the screen, where you can ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CRAZY 16bit color issue! Test yours!

CRAZY color/resolution problem! Might be "browser"

Ok this is crazyyy... So I'm coming from an iPhone and I noticed first off the way pictures look on the screen, where you can see banding and notice the lack of more color. Heres the problem... on your nexus one go to google and type mars sunset. pull up image results. choose this one

http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/galle...a_2sub_800.jpg

then let it load. You will probably notice the crappy looking color as its a very dynamic image. But now put your finger and hold it on the screen somewhere. WHEN I DO THIS (put my finger on the screen) the quality looks GREAT and SMOOTH... but when I pull my finger off the screen it looks crappy again.. Does this happen to you?? Its a very quick test, help me out!

I should also note I have rooted and installed CyanogenMod 5.0.5.3

Thanks a lot!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

UPDATE: I just installed opera web browser and did the same thing and it doesn't have the problem... please let me know if you got this problem.

this has been discussed search it
    If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome.

This is really strange? Dun dun dun...
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This image renders properly on browsers (browser, xscope...). But if you open it in the gallery all, it is banded

Sorry, I'm not seeing any issue with that or any other image viewed on the N1 browser.

Sorry Johnny I looked but couldnt find anything on it. Maybe I'm using the wrong tag words to search for it. Anyway thanks guys I dont know then some of you dont have the issue while I do (rooted+rom) but my friend who got the phone 3 days before me and is (STOCK) his does the same thing... Whatever I just use opera now...

thanks again.

I see this problem on the 975 kB downloaded image on my standard browser on my standard N1. Looks like it has nothing to do with the rooted configuration.

3xL
    Its bcuz when u long press it, android highlights the image with a crosshatch fishnet overlay. And since the picture is posturated, the overlay highlight sort of fixes the posturation

Quote Originally Posted by 3xL View Post
    Its bcuz when u long press it, android highlights the image with a crosshatch fishnet overlay. And since the picture is posturated, the overlay highlight sort of fixes the posturation
    What does that mean in English? I don't get it =[
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links