Hotmail "Sent Items"

This is a discussion on Hotmail "Sent Items" within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi all, Been trying to figure out how best to set up my hotmail account for use on my N1. I use my hotmail address ...

Thread: Hotmail "Sent Items"

Hotmail "Sent Items"

Hi all,

Been trying to figure out how best to set up my hotmail account for use on my N1. I use my hotmail address quite extensively, so it's important that both my received and sent items are in synch between my N1 and my hotmail account. Receiving emails is fine - they arrive on my N1 just like they do into my hotmail. However, when I send an email from my N1, those emails do not show up under "Sent" items in Hotmail.

Is there a way to accomplish this? I had a look at setting up gmail to retrieve emails from my hotmail account, and that works fine for incoming mail. However, sent emails still don't appear in my Hotmail Sent folder.

Thanks!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by BAreEhD View Post
    Hi all,

Been trying to figure out how best to set up my hotmail account for use on my N1. I use my hotmail address quite extensively, so it's important that both my received and sent items are in synch between my N1 and my hotmail account. Receiving emails is fine - they arrive on my N1 just like they do into my hotmail. However, when I send an email from my N1, those emails do not show up under "Sent" items in Hotmail.

Is there a way to accomplish this? I had a look at setting up gmail to retrieve emails from my hotmail account, and that works fine for incoming mail. However, sent emails still don't appear in my Hotmail Sent folder.

Thanks!
    Try this...

Access your gmail account via a pc, then Settings > Accounts & Imports.

You will have an option to fill in your Hotmail details in 'check mail using pop3', then hit the 'OK'

Unfortunately Hotmail is massively outdated and only supports POP3, so you're **** outta luck on getting something sent from the phone into the web interfaces Sent items.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop6 View Post
    Try this...

Access your gmail account via a pc, then Settings > Accounts & Imports.

You will have an option to fill in your Hotmail details in 'check mail using pop3', then hit the 'OK'
    Did that, but that's only for incoming emails - doesn't help with the sent items.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
    Unfortunately Hotmail is massively outdated and only supports POP3, so you're **** outta luck on getting something sent from the phone into the web interfaces Sent items.
    Argh!!

Thanks for the replies!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links