Nexus One fail to detect signals after losing the signal

This is a discussion on Nexus One fail to detect signals after losing the signal within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Are all of you folks having this problem on T-Mobile? I've never seen this with AT&T....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nexus One fail to detect signals after losing the signal

Are all of you folks having this problem on T-Mobile?

I've never seen this with AT&T.

Quote Originally Posted by Richux View Post
    I use that all the time, because my phone often looses signal after using wi-fi.
    Mine doesn't really lose signal but does forget I have a data connection when I'm coming from wifi.
    Didn't have the problem on Cyanogen 5.0.6 (I think) but I started to notice it after the 5.0.7 update. Same for the 5.0.7.1 update
    Then I updated radio and OS to Froyo spec but still the same problem.

But mostly at home where I have full GPRS but only 1~3 bars 3G. Dunno if this is the problem, or the fact that my wifi is transmitting at 71mW...

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    Are all of you folks having this problem on T-Mobile?

I've never seen this with AT&T.
    No I'm on a Belgian network with GPRS and 3G. And EDGE in some parts.
    Nexus One (US spec), 16GB MicroSD, FroYo 2.2 (FRF50)

today the samething happened to me...i went to a shopping mall and i realised that my signal had dropped out and i got a notification...and then after i left it didnt reconnect to the 3G network..and i had to restart the phone..anyone know a fix?

EDIT: when i was in the mall, the signal had the little R in it, which i assume was that it was roaming..when i came out, it went back to normal whihc i guess indicates that it was on the normal network but wasnt on 3G...

I just had a problem like this... I went into an office that has poor cel reception. So sometimes it will loose a signal if it's in my pocket, then a couple hours later I noticed it still said no service... A trick I did on an older phone of mine was put it in airplane mode and then put it back to normal than it would pick the signal back up. But when I did it on my phone instead of picking the signal back up it decided just to restart itself... This is actually the 2nd time it has done that.

Quote Originally Posted by Snickolaz View Post
    I just had a problem like this... I went into an office that has poor cel reception. So sometimes it will loose a signal if it's in my pocket, then a couple hours later I noticed it still said no service... A trick I did on an older phone of mine was put it in airplane mode and then put it back to normal than it would pick the signal back up. But when I did it on my phone instead of picking the signal back up it decided just to restart itself... This is actually the 2nd time it has done that.
    About 50% of the time when I put my phone into airplane mode to regain connection it restarts itself. I am on my second one and will wait a bit to get it replaced before the warranty runs out on it. As expensive as this phone is I expected a lot better quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Slupie View Post
    About 50% of the time when I put my phone into airplane mode to regain connection it restarts itself. I am on my second one and will wait a bit to get it replaced before the warranty runs out on it. As expensive as this phone is I expected a lot better quality.
    I think it's more of a software problem than anything... hopefully with the new update that hopefully we will be getting soon, it'll fix that. But I've had it in airplane mode before and it only seems to crash when I have the signal problem.

Sometimes I lose signal and it tries to switch to another carrier, and then when I return to a signal-friendly zone it doesn't switch back. I have to go to "mobile networks" and switch myself. I hate it.

This could be a solution...I'm not sure...

I went to the same shopping mall today and when i checked, I had got a notification saying that I had lost data connectivity. And there was a little warning sign. When I left the mall, the sign was still there, and I was still roaming. I pulled the notification bar down, and clicked on the notification. In a few seconds, my signal switched to GSM and then 3G came back on, WITHOUT switching my phone off and on and without activating/deactivating airplane mode. and it happened within a few seconds..

has anyone experienced it?

it could be just a one off success...

Quote Originally Posted by Slupie View Post
    I think it's more of a software problem than anything... hopefully with the new update that hopefully we will be getting soon, it'll fix that. But I've had it in airplane mode before and it only seems to crash when I have the signal problem.

I have this problem, along with a few of the other "quirks"/bugs and when you add them all up, all the small annoyances and little work arounds you find yourself doing, and then take into account how much the phone costs it really is unacceptable. It doesn't matter if it's software or hardware, the whole package runs for over $500 and the most important aspect of it (the phone, messaging, connection to your mobile network) can't even be relied upon? Can't be expected to find a signal where there is plenty of it just b/c I came out of a concrete building 30 minutes earlier? The bottom line is there are more than the normal number of things about the phone that feels like it's in "beta" and that's absurd. What's more absurd is the apparent lack of urgency between the hardware manufacturer and the software manufacturer to fix these things.

I love the phone enough to put up with this kind of crap but it's frustrating and I don't imagine more mainstream users being willing to deal with it (I run it completely stock and keep only the bare minimum of apps on it). And no, I don't have a "lemon" any/all my issues are just the usual minor bugs/quirks we see discussed here often. My first Nexus, well that's a whole other story.

This is really just a long way of me saying that the issue being "software" is just as bad as an excuse to a customer as it being hardware. Either way, it needs to be fixed... pronto.

Have you forced your phone into 3G Only?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links