Nexus One fail to detect signals after losing the signal

This is a discussion on Nexus One fail to detect signals after losing the signal within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I have the same problem. I'm in the UK on Vodafone and my home and office are both in a very patchy signal area. Previous ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Nexus One fail to detect signals after losing the signal

I have the same problem. I'm in the UK on Vodafone and my home and office are both in a very patchy signal area. Previous phones have all had trouble keeping a 2g signal. 3g is even poorer. I am very used to having to stand in a particular position near a specific window, in a certain orientation, and not move, in order to not lose a call. On the way to an from work signal is great.

All previous phones have simply searched and found the signal again if i put the phone in the appropriate place, or while traveling. Sometimes, this one just looses it and gives up. I have missed several important business calls, voicemails and emails FOR HOURS!!! because I didnt realise this device was not reconnecting when I was out of the office. Sometimes it gets a signal, sometimes it gives up! No apparent reason either way.

Come in Google.... There MUST be a fix for this. We have all either spent a whole lot of dosh on this phone or have committed to long expensive contracts. Keep your end of the bargain and make the thing work as it should. I can only think it is a software bug. SO GET IT SORTED

NOT a happy bunny on this issue.

Interesting comments in this thread, because I've never had any issues maintaining or even re-acquiring a connection under any circumstances...3G, 2G or wifi. And that's even on AT&T's (reputedly) lousy network.

I can't help but think that some of these issues are specific to individual devices, or are perhaps a bit network dependent, too. Granted, I don't travel off the 'beaten path' very often, but even on a recent road trip, I was always able to maintain at least an Edge connection. And I've never had an issue finding or connecting to any existing wifi networks wherever I've gone.

jah
    Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    Interesting comments in this thread, because I've never had any issues maintaining or even re-acquiring a connection under any circumstances...3G, 2G or wifi. And that's even on AT&T's (reputedly) lousy network.

I can't help but think that some of these issues are specific to individual devices, or are perhaps a bit network dependent, too. Granted, I don't travel off the 'beaten path' very often, but even on a recent road trip, I was always able to maintain at least an Edge connection. And I've never had an issue finding or connecting to any existing wifi networks wherever I've gone.
    All I know is that Froyo appears to have fixed the issue. Doesn't sound individual device specific to me.

I'm not arguing....just suggesting that this is something other than a universal issue with the N1. Some have it, some don't.

Quote Originally Posted by jah View Post

All I know is that Froyo appears to have fixed the issue. Doesn't sound individual device specific to me.
    Ditto! I saw this issue several times, and spent quite a bit of time troubleshooting it on 2.1. Since 2.2, I haven't seen the issue...there is still a delay on radio recovery, but given a few minutes at most, it now always recovers. Wonder if there are more tweaks in the official gold version of 2.2?

jah
    I'm not arguing....just suggesting that this is something other than a universal issue with the N1. Some have it, some don't.
    I'm not arguing, either. I'm just suggesting you're not paying attention.

This has been a big issue for me and others. Yes, it's possible that it was somehow device specific, but considering that it's fixed by a software update, I'd say that pretty much negates that theory.

When the N1 first came out, it had a problem with scanning too much and losing battery. They fixed that with the first OTA, but it had this bug that affects some people (apparently people who regularly have poor coverage). Now 2.2 seems to have fixed that, although this version is still a bit buggy (eg I sometimes get 2 bars and no actual reception).

I'm eager to see the final 2.2. I expect it will be awesome.

jah, are you TMO or ATT? I ask because I noticed when the issue was prevalent, it seemed mostly isolated to TMO users...

jah
    Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    jah, are you TMO or ATT? I ask because I noticed when the issue was prevalent, it seemed mostly isolated to TMO users...
    T-Mo, and I think that's true - largely because there are greater odds with T-Mo than with AT&T that you will find yourself without coverage for significant periods.

This issue is primarily confined to T-Mo users. Changing to 2G only fixes the radio recovery issue. Meaning that when you go from a place of no reception to a place where you get a signal, there isn't a delay in finding your phone & registering it on the network. With 3G, it doesn't matter whether you have 2.1 or 2.2 (Froyo), you'll still have the same issue. I've found that even putting the phone into airplane mode or turning off your phone causes the same issue. When I travel and put the phone into airplane mode before my flight leaves or turn off my phone completely, once I arrive at my destination, I almost alway have to turn on 2G only. I'm traveling to major cities (Chicago, Cleveland, Boston). I have noticed it doesn't happen in Philadelphia or DC. But both have HSDPA+ rolled out.

Solution Airplane mode works

I've noticed the same problem with my phone in Belgium. Using 3G is not always possible without switching of/on the phone. Is is not fixed with the 2.2 update. I thought the carrier would be the problem but I'm not certain of that. My friend has also a Nexus One us with a french carrier, he has no problems at all !

For now the solution of enabling the airplane mode and turning it back of works for me. Quicker that turning of the device each time but it is definitely not user friendly.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links