Nexus One fail to detect signals after losing the signal

This is a discussion on Nexus One fail to detect signals after losing the signal within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I noticed that sometimes after I came back from places where there are no signals (like tunnels, underground garage and elevators), the phone will not ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nexus One fail to detect signals after losing the signal

Nexus One fail to detect signals after losing the signal

I noticed that sometimes after I came back from places where there are no signals (like tunnels, underground garage and elevators), the phone will not be able to detect signals. The only thing I can do is power off and restart the phone. It happens a couple of times a week but this is the first phone that I used that have this problem so it is pretty annoying. Anybody know how to fix this?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

What signal are you losing?

GSM, Edge / 3G.

Edit: What frequency is the phone actually on, when signal is lost.

I lose all signals, as if the phone is still in the tunnel or underground garage. Somehow it just can't detect the coverage until reboot.

jah
    I have the exact same problem, and I get it a lot because the signal is poor at my office. It didn't do this before the ota, so my hope has been that it will be fixed w the next update.

jah: Is the signal bad at your office? This can be because of the phone carrier I think. I got full signal at home but at my friends house the signal is weak.

jah
    Quote Originally Posted by Forge View Post
    jah: Is the signal bad at your office? This can be because of the phone carrier I think. I got full signal at home but at my friends house the signal is weak.
    The signal is pretty bad here at work. There are some rooms where I can't get a signal at all (which is pretty pathetic, since the t-mo map says full E coverage here), but there are some places where I can get a decent signal. If I go to the break room, eg, I lose the signal, but then I come back to my office and several times a week I have to do a hard reset to get the signal back. It's like the N1 gives up trying and you can't do anything about it but do a reset.

And like I said, this started with the OTA. This didn't happen back in January.

edit: to clarify, I'm not so much complaining about losing the signal, which is a t-mobile issue, as I am with the phone giving up trying, even when I move to a good coverage area, necessitating a reset.

I have the same problem. Our office building is a concrete bunker and pretty much nobody gets reception. When I go outside 50% of the time I have to turn the Airplane mode on and off to connect to the cell network again. It will not find EDGE or 3G by itself. Very annoying and aggravating to have to find workarounds on a $560 phone. Certain things that should be working right from the gate are not. Hopefully it will get better with future updates and software releases.

Okay thank goodness Im not the only one with this issue. I really hope this gets resolved. Kinda annoying that I have to reset inorder to regain signal. sigh*

I do know that searching for signal is very battery intensive for some reason. It was sorta an issue at release, and with battery being important to users they may have changed how much or how often it will do this?
    I don't know for sure if that changed, but i do know the above. This would also make sense that turning airplane mode on and off real quick would get you signal quickly.
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

Actually , the thing is even if i do try turning airplane on and off it doesnt do anything. I have to get it to find "mobile networks" and it reboots itself automatically and then i get signal back . Apparently i read on another forum that if you set "only use 2g network" on and then turn back your 3g that it works. Though I havent tried it yet.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links