Weather Widget Stopped Working

This is a discussion on Weather Widget Stopped Working within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; For some reason my weather widget stopped working. I've down reboots, taken the battery out yet it still isn't working. The news ticker still works ...

Thread: Weather Widget Stopped Working

Weather Widget Stopped Working

For some reason my weather widget stopped working. I've down reboots, taken the battery out yet it still isn't working.

The news ticker still works but the weather widget does not.

Any suggestions or corrections?

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

same here. It seems to do that from time to time. Odd thing is I have another weather that goes to the same place, and it works all the the time. I changed my widget to just show news and started using the other widget.

Weather widget

If you're referring to the weather/news widget that came installed on the Nexus One, I noticed the same problem the last two days. Finally found that if I updated the location using a city name instead of a zip code, that the weather portion of the widget started working again. Couldn't get any zip code location to work at all even though that's what I'd used previously...go figure...

I wonder if it has more to do with it using The Weather Network for updates. My friends BlackBerry is the same and she's using an app for The weather Network

Quote Originally Posted by janetandjacks View Post
    If you're referring to the weather/news widget that came installed on the Nexus One, I noticed the same problem the last two days. Finally found that if I updated the location using a city name instead of a zip code, that the weather portion of the widget started working again. Couldn't get any zip code location to work at all even though that's what I'd used previously...go figure...
    Thanks, put in the city/st and went right back to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by bdubbs25 View Post

Me too,seems like a fix... thanks

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by bdubbs25 View Post
    Hey y'all, I think I've figured this one out. My phone was exhibiting the SAME issues...no matter what I did the weather widget wouldn't find me, and reported location not available...With a little investigation I found that I had turned-off my Wireless Location settings.

Simply access the phone Settings, and scroll down to "Location & Security", and check the box in the "Use wireless networks". BINGO! It will work based on your location without the need to manually enter in the Zip Code info. You are now free to frolic and grab your weather on-the-go!

Cheers,
    RaQin

Ads