hissing static noise in background

This is a discussion on hissing static noise in background within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi, I got my N1 recently and I love the phone BUT I have been hearing this hissing noise on all calls. I have done ...

Thread: hissing static noise in background

hissing static noise in background

Hi,

I got my N1 recently and I love the phone BUT I have been hearing this hissing noise on all calls. I have done the resets and it didn't help My reception is full and the mics were not covered. Anyone has any insights or solution?

THanks!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Yeah, I've posted on this site that I think I hear that as well on mine. I think it's worse at my house than at my work so maybe it's my carrier (Bell).

How bad is it for you? Mine isn't too bad - maybe I'll just get used to it.

The static background noise is consistent and barely tolerable. It's just frustrating that a brand new $500+ :nexusx: phone does not even have a clear audio on it's most basic yet essential function > talking on the phone. I'm wondering if anyone has contacted HTC and asked for a replacement?

Very odd. This is not the case for most users, nor for me on TMO in the U.S. I hope a replacement phone is the solution, and isn't carrier-related!

Were any of you guys able to resolve the static or hiss in the background? I have had that problem. HTC sent me a 2nd phone with the same issue and I sent it back to be looked at after I called and talked to a HTC rep and discussed the issues I have had with the 2 phones.

Jay

I have the same problem as well on my new phone. Has anyone had this issue go away with a replacement phone?

I still have my original Nexus One since the 2 replacements that were sent to me didn't perform any differently with static. It is weird because the voices over the call are relatively clear. I think it could be more of an AT&T issue since T-Mobile people don't seem to have this issue. They have the 3G issue which I don't have an issue with. I talked to an HTC rep and I said I didn't want to try another phone right now. I told him I would wait for the next update for the phone and then if that didn't fix it then I would again request another phone replacement and see if I have better results. I have noticed lately that the static isn't always happening so again I think my AT&T service is just not that good. I was comparing it to my old Razr and I think that phone had the same issue with static but it was covered with more white noise in the backgroud. That is all I can think of.

Jay

It's got to be crappy hardware. I have the same issue even when on Skype over WiFi. What a deal breaker.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links