Camera has green tint

This is a discussion on Camera has green tint within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I just got off the phone with google and HTC. Went through some trouble shooting with google doing a full reset. That didn't do anything, ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Camera has green tint

I just got off the phone with google and HTC. Went through some trouble shooting with google doing a full reset. That didn't do anything, so I was transferred to HTC. HTC said that they know about the problem, other people have been getting different color tints, all with AT&T/Roger phones. They are taking note of everyone who has this problem.
    They will inform me when there is a update to fix the problem.

So, right now, looks like I will have to do quick editing in lightroom to fix the photos.

Thanks!
    I guess I will send them an email message to let them know about this thread.

--
    Sent them an email and also opened a thread:
    http://www.google.com/support/forum/...454477a5&hl=en

Quote Originally Posted by VS007 View Post
    Thanks!
    I guess I will send them an email message to let them know about this thread.

--
    Sent them an email and also opened a thread:
    Green Tint in Camera - Android Help

Thanks for doing that.
    Hopefully there will be an update to fix this problem soon.

just wanted to give a quick update.
    I flashed to latest cyanogen rom last night. Tested the camera, and it seems to be much better. On the stock rom, it was taking green tinted pictures probably about 90% of the time on indoor pictures.
    With the cyangen rom, it is taking green tinted pictures very rarely. I took about 30 shots, and only 2 have shown up with the green tint. These pictures were taken at the same places that were giving me the green tint on the stock rom. All of them were taken with flash off, and auto white balance.

Quote Originally Posted by sssp View Post
    just wanted to give a quick update.
    I flashed to latest cyanogen rom last night. Tested the camera, and it seems to be much better. On the stock rom, it was taking green tinted pictures probably about 90% of the time on indoor pictures.
    With the cyangen rom, it is taking green tinted pictures very rarely. I took about 30 shots, and only 2 have shown up with the green tint. These pictures were taken at the same places that were giving me the green tint on the stock rom. All of them were taken with flash off, and auto white balance.
    Whats cyanogen rom and how do I install that?

Curious it's ATT/Rogers...is everyone experiencing this issue ATT/Rogers?

Quote Originally Posted by VS007 View Post
    Whats cyanogen rom and how do I install that?
    You have to root your phone. This does void your warranty. I used these instructions here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...48&postcount=1

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    According to the HTC lady I talked too, everyone who is experience this problem has ATT/Rogers phones. I'm not sure if all ATT/Rogers phones are like this, or just a select few.
    I was worried this was a hardware issue, but after rooting my phone it is much better, so I believe this is a software issue and an update should fix it.

I'm not. I'm on T-Mobile.

I just got my Nexus One yesterday. I took some pictures to test things out last night (in my house). Everything looked fine before I took the picture, but they turned out very green (not just a slight tint). I tried all of the white balance settings. Most of them ended up green (some of them ended up more orange/red). I took the same shot this morning with better/natural light, and the picture turned out fine.

What's the best way to get this info to HTC?

Quote Originally Posted by rscott View Post

I just got my Nexus One yesterday. I took some pictures to test things out last night (in my house). Everything looked fine before I took the picture, but they turned out very green (not just a slight tint). I tried all of the white balance settings. Most of them ended up green (some of them ended up more orange/red). I took the same shot this morning with better/natural light, and the picture turned out fine.

Same boat. When I take pics with the flash on indoors it looks great. But when I take outdoor pictures in the sun no flash my subjects (people) turn out red like they got sunburnt.

And I'm on T-Mobile too btw.

Quote Originally Posted by rscott View Post

Best shot would be to give them a call, if you want to pass your findings to HTC...

HTC ? Support ? Customer Service ? Support via Hotline

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links