MMS pics blurry when receiving

This is a discussion on MMS pics blurry when receiving within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; like the title says. i can send out a picture and the receiver will see it in full crisp 5 mp. but when they send ...

Thread: MMS pics blurry when receiving

MMS pics blurry when receiving

like the title says. i can send out a picture and the receiver will see it in full crisp 5 mp. but when they send it to me, i can barely make out what it is. and the pics are being taken from HTC hero, Moto Droid, iPhone... anyone suffering from this? any solutions? (im using stock messaging app btw)
    R.I.P.

Rooted and flashed as of March 11, 2010

CyanogenMod 6.0.0
    - Sold

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

check what's being sent; upload the image to your PC. There are several possibilities, most likely that the sender doesn't realize their phone is shrinking and compressing the image for faster sending.

Another step would be to make sure you are viewing the whole picture, not the thumbnail. May sound silly, but make sure you click on the image to view it in full size.

If neither of these seems to apply (e.g. you have friends with N1s who see the image fine and the same steps don't work for you) then you might want to try a hard reset.

As long as other images work, it's not that worrisome a problem, since it's clear nothing is wrong with the phone.

Good luck

Also, there's one more thing you might check since you're rooted. I've read that you may need to reset the user-agent if it got changed for some reason...go into the messaging app, then settings, then the last option "Custom User-Agent". Make sure it's set to "Default Android". If that doesn't work, maybe try "iPhone (3.0)" to get it to spoof an iPhone. I can't verify this b/c I use Handcent and have no image clarity/compression issues... If you don't see this option in your settings, you may need to update your Mms.apk; look here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=646218
    Mms 5.0.5 - CyanogenMod Forum

There is at least one link to the latest Mms.apk files in both of those threads that you can push to system/app. This may take care of your problem. Pretty sure there are more threads out there on this issue, just can't put my finger on them right now...best of luck.

And a custom built modded Mms.apk discussed here:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=648396

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links