Just Will Not Tether!!!

This is a discussion on Just Will Not Tether!!! within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I have been having the damndest time trying to get my N1 to tether to my laptop. Everything I try fails with an error code ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just Will Not Tether!!!

Just Will Not Tether!!!

I have been having the damndest time trying to get my N1 to tether to my laptop. Everything I try fails with an error code (633 I think). I have a Nokia E71 and a Moto RAZR2 that tether easily when I swap in the SIM card, but, as soon as I try my NI....nothing. It's a pain carrying around an extra phone and charger and then swapping SIMS if I'm out of WiFi range. I installed PDANet on the N1. Could someone please post how they got theirs to work....Thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Download PDANet to your puter, and install. Follow the prompts to install the USB driver onto the puter. Follow the prompts to install the software onto your phone, as well as the directions to detach and when to attach the USB cable, and to enable 'USB Debugging' on the phone in settings.

Once both devices have the software, simply ensure PDANet is running on the puter (taskbar, launch if not running), attach the phone to puter via USB. Phone will have notification prompt, choose Mount. Launch PDANet on phone-> Enable USB tether. Wait for 'Verify internet access'..'PDANet is connected!' Go to PDANet taskbar icon, click and select 'Connect'. Report back where you are getting stuck, if this doesn't work.

Thanks for the reply. I've attempted to do as you've said, but I get to "installing usb drivers" and nothing happens. My other phones tether via Bluetooth. Is that not possible with the N1?

Quote Originally Posted by RicKaysen View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I've attempted to do as you've said, but I get to "installing usb drivers" and nothing happens. My other phones tether via Bluetooth. Is that not possible with the N1?
    My lappie doesn't have BT, so I've never tried. WRT installing usb drivers, is the phone mounted (and being shown as a drive in My Computer)?

Yes....the phone is on and mounted

But PDANet is not installed on the phone, correct?

I've tried it both ways, most recently with PDAnet removed from the phone. Thaks for your input.

We need to ensure it works via USB, that way we know the software is properly installed on the phone. Once it works over USB, we can enable BT on the phone, the puter, and retry connecting over BT...USB first, though. I would start over: delete PDANet from both devices, re-download from Junefabrics, and begin again..it's also important to keep the version EXACTLY the same between devices..I've been bitten by that little issue as well. Post back after you have the phone and puter installed w/ PDANet.

When it fails to install the drivers, it automatically uninstalls from the laptop. I'll work on it as you suggest and make sure both devices are clean. Thanks again.

Hello all,
    If I may this was my experience...using android tether following the instructions at the top of the homepage in this forum, it worked pretty good...then I rooted and the wifi tether is flawless..I even let some of my office mates use my signal..they couldnt believe how easy it was to log on...cool stuff and useful too.
    CM7.0.3
    Overclocked 1113

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links