Screen Won't Wake Up

This is a discussion on Screen Won't Wake Up within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Unmounting or removing the SD card seems to completely eliminate the symptoms. Too bad I like having a SD card... Can anyone repeat this behavior?...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Screen Won't Wake Up

unmounting SD card

Unmounting or removing the SD card seems to completely eliminate the symptoms. Too bad I like having a SD card... Can anyone repeat this behavior?

Sadly no dice...

I tried unmounting and removing the sd and nothing changed for me... sadly.

I also factory reset from the bootloader and reflashed and still the same. I'm almost convinced at this point that it is hardware related since it only started occuring after I dissasemble/reassembled and maybe the power button.

Has anybody tried screen wakeup from other buttons (need an app)?

similar issue

My N1 had a somewhat similar frozen screen issue; after upgrading to gingerbread the screen would randomly freeze (could not swipe thru screens left to right, though could still launch an app). Believe I traced it to a compatibility problem with the Honeycomb clock widget which would also show an error message at the same time; deleted it and for last several days the problem has not repeated. Just an FYI post.

I've had this issue since I ota'd to 2.3.3. Really frustrating. I'm not running honeycomb, so I don't know if that's it. I do have a 16Gig SD card. But I am almost certain this is a gingerbread issue

Thought it was that Honeycomb clock app, but the problem has reappeared where the touchscreen goes unresponsive and have to reboot. Some type of Gingerbread problem or problem in its compatibility with some app.

Same problem here

Nexus one with the same problem. Came here to look for a fix

I had the Cooked up version of 2.3.3 on my Nexus, and thought that might be the culprit since it just started happening. Yesterday I wiped clean, and installed the official 2.3.3, and it just happened again to me.

Screen doesn't light up, but bottom 4 buttons do, and my trackball lights for notifications. I have to pull battery to reset.

At this point I'm thinking it's a 2.3.3 issue.

I'm having the exact same issue as those who have the screen go blank, but with softkeys still lighting up/registering, and trackball notifications still lighting. I have also noticed that removing the sd card completely seems to add a bit more stability, but I have had the issue present even with the sd card removed. Another issue, which I think is connected to the non-wake issue, is that everytime I mount my sd card in windows, properly unmount, and then remount in android, the sd card gets a corruption error, or blank sd card error. If I attempt to format the card in android, it claims to have done so, but in fact does not erase/format anything on the card. I have run through cm7/GRJ22 OTA/GRJ22 cooked, and nothing seems to work. This issue happened occasionally in 2.3.3, but has been happening far too frequently in 2.3.4.

Has anyone figured out a fix for this issue? I should also add that I have the holiday edition of the n1 (at&t version), and I'm pretty sure I have the samoled, as opposed to the LCD. Would love to hear from anyone that has had any success in rectifying this issue.

my phone is doing the same thing. I plug the phone into the wall to wake it up instead of removing the battery.
    I installed the following programs:
    aqua pets
    barcode scanner
    batteryguard (i think this is the thing that messed the phone up because when it rebooted in safe mode, this was gone from my desktop)
    bluetooth file transfer
    books
    datpiff mobile
    finger fireworks
    flashlight
    google sky map
    isyncr
    isyncr wifi
    yahoo mail
    netflix
    pandora
    radio.com
    shazam
    spacephysics and level package
    tiny bee
    tunee music pro
    wattpad

It seems that your issue is slightly different than mine. I have completely narrowed my issue down to the SD card. I don't know why exactly it reacts this way, I've tried vanilla, google issue Android, CM7, and have the exact same issue. I would almost say it's a hardware issue, but it never presented under froyo. I swear my nexus is eating SD cards like food. It wouldn't be such an issue (I don't mind doing the file system check) if the screen didn't blank out making the phone unusable. It's become a toss up for me between being able to take pictures/access music/store documents versus having a functional phone.

Quote Originally Posted by matcha View Post
    I'm having the exact same issue as those who have the screen go blank, but with softkeys still lighting up/registering, and trackball notifications still lighting. I have also noticed that removing the sd card completely seems to add a bit more stability, but I have had the issue present even with the sd card removed. Another issue, which I think is connected to the non-wake issue, is that everytime I mount my sd card in windows, properly unmount, and then remount in android, the sd card gets a corruption error, or blank sd card error. If I attempt to format the card in android, it claims to have done so, but in fact does not erase/format anything on the card. I have run through cm7/GRJ22 OTA/GRJ22 cooked, and nothing seems to work. This issue happened occasionally in 2.3.3, but has been happening far too frequently in 2.3.4.

Has anyone figured out a fix for this issue? I should also add that I have the holiday edition of the n1 (at&t version), and I'm pretty sure I have the samoled, as opposed to the LCD. Would love to hear from anyone that has had any success in rectifying this issue.
    Exact same issue (except sd cad error)! I've tried removing the SD card, but this does not help at all! I've had this problem ever since moving from Froyo At first I thought it was a Froyo/Cyanogen issue, but now I started believing it is a hardware problem. The phone can be normal for hours, then suddenly it's almost impossible to get it to light up. I've tried all kinds of workarounds without getting one that works. I even have to leave the battery out for a couple of minutes to get the boot animation back on.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links