Screen Won't Wake Up

This is a discussion on Screen Won't Wake Up within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; The same problem is being discussed at Bug: Nexus S with 2.3.4 OTA Black Screen during and after a call - Google Mobile Help...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Screen Won't Wake Up

i thought i was the only one with this small issue! a simple reboot gets it going for me

Its been months since nobody posted, anybody came up with an explanation/solution?

This Issue just appeared in my phone after two years of use.

-When the screen goes to sleep it won't be possible to switch it on again. Either via the power button, time up or proximity sensor.
    -The phone and the touchscreen work as always, haptic feedback reveals my unlock slider is still active and the phone can recieve calls and notifications.
    -Plugging in the phone or using another button won't revive the screen either.
    -The backlight of the screen turns on, but the screen remains black.
    -Only removing the battery and waiting at least 10 seconds before putting it in again will let the screen to come back.
    -Shouldn't be a software problem as i have wiped several times everything that could be wiped and instaled diffrent Roms, even tested ICS.
    -In my case, removing the microSD doesn't change anything.
    -Swapping batteries also doesn't help.

Anybody out there with the same problem?

Programmed obsolescense on HTC?

Same problem. Once screen turns off, I can't get it to turn back on. This happens with or without an SD card. I am also unrooted. I have already performed a factory reset.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

black screen

I have same problem. screen goes black and four buttons light up, sent for repair , same issue again. only solution is to remove battery and insert it back. please help.

fornat ur sd card with sdformatter. see if that helps

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Hardware Solution

Hey everyone, I found a solution for my Nexus S. I dropped my phone from a low height, and I had similar symptoms to what others are describing. My phone will boot, but after the screen turns off, I can't get it to turn on again. Pressing the power button will light up the four bottom menu icons, but the display remains dark. Only way to get it back on again is to yank the battery and then power on, and the screen would activate for startup.

So, solution! I disassembled the phone, and unplugged the main display connector and reconnected it. Take off the back of the case, take out the screws, remove the inner tray. Unseat/reseat the connector and put 'er all back together. Works just fine now. I used this video to help me with the process:
    [ame=]Samsung Nexus S GT- i9020 Disassembly & Assembly - Screen & Case Replacement - YouTube[/ame]
    (He points out the main screen plug at 3:38)

Hope that helps!

I have this same issue with the software of the phone. It's ported to that's why. Can anybody find a software fix? LG Ally running a version of Gingerbread.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links