Screen Won't Wake Up

This is a discussion on Screen Won't Wake Up within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Whenever the screen goes blank, it refuses to wake up again. For example, I listen to some music. After a little while, the screen goes ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Screen Won't Wake Up

Screen Won't Wake Up

Whenever the screen goes blank, it refuses to wake up again. For example, I listen to some music. After a little while, the screen goes blank, but the phone is still working. I then press the power button, but nothing appears on the screen. Everything else still works (i.e. the phone itself is not asleep)-- the volume buttons, the other buttons, etc. It may even be that the touch screen is still working (it's hard to tell when you can't see anything).

I installed a utility that allows you to keep the screen on at all times, and if I have that on, I can use my phone without any problem. But it's a battery drain, and not very convenient.

I returned the phone to factory settings, but it didn't make any difference.

All the similar-sounding problems on this forum seemed to result in the answer "return the phone", but I'm in Europe, and purchased the phone in the US, so returning it is not a practical option (it's still not sold locally). I'm hoping somebody out there has some miracle cure?

Thanks!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Uninstall / disable all non-pre installed market app on your phone and see if the problem still exist.

This will help to determine if you have a 'MA' conflicting with your Nexus or not.

If the problem disappears, then reinstall one 'MA' at a time to determine the culprit.

factory reset covered it?

Thanks... But didn't the factory reset cover that already?

What app are you using to play music? Also, after you did the factory reset, did you try again to play music before you loaded any other app from the market?

All apps, all the time...

Maris,

Unfortunately, the music was just an example -- the same thing happens whatever the phone is doing: as soon as the screen's sleep timer makes it go blank, it's "game over".

The phone is working, and I get the normal haptic "buzz" when I press the menu, etc. buttons, but nothing appears on the screen. And since there's no way to turn off the phone without using the screen, I end up having to take out the battery to restart it...

Timo

Gosh ... that's a sad story. I read of one person having a broken power button and getting a replacement phone, so maybe that's the same for you. If you've done a factory reset and are still having the same problem with the stock apps, then I would think it is definitely a defective phone.

If it doesn't respond when you press the power button, what happens if you press and hold the power button ... any response at all? Is it possible you are just not pressing it hard enough?

Quote Originally Posted by timoelliott View Post
    ...I installed a utility that allows you to keep the screen on at all times, and if I have that on, I can use my phone without any problem. But it's a battery drain, and not very convenient.
    I use a free app in the Market called Screebl. It stops the phone from blacking out. It is not a battery drain.

Exact same problem- only that I think my phone actually dies of left unattended for about 15 minutes. It powers down and I do not receive SMSs or calls. This, from a phone I received in the mail yesterday. Tried factory reset- same problems.

same issue with my N1

I have the exact same bug that the original poster has. The screen goes blank after a period of inactivity, but refuses to wake when the power button is pressed. This doesn't occur every time the phone goes to sleep, just every once in a while. Maybe 2-3 times a week.

When I do press power, the 4 buttons on the bottom light up, but that's it. The trackball does blink when there is a notification or an incoming call, but the screen remains black until the phone is rebooted.

What is really frustrating is that I just returned my first N1 this week for a replacement, only to find the replacement has the same issue (even after the OTA update to FRF91). I did install Google sky map, Google translate, Movies, and Mobile Banking (Bank of America) after the update, so maybe those are the problem. But like the original poster, I have done a factory reset and still had the problem.

The worst part is that I have to reboot the phone every time this happens, which corrupts my SD card every time.

Please post your list of downloaded apps.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links