sms errors

This is a discussion on sms errors within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Today my phone has been a little buggy. When I am trying to send a normal SMS (not mms) I keep getting either a mail ...

Thread: sms errors

sms errors

Today my phone has been a little buggy. When I am trying to send a normal SMS (not mms) I keep getting either a mail icon with a clock or more recently a white envelope with a red exclamation mark. I haven't dropped my phone, no water damage and I'm between 3-4 bars of 3g.

Any ideas?

Thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by mamatee View Post
    Today my phone has been a little buggy. When I am trying to send a normal SMS (not mms) I keep getting either a mail icon with a clock or more recently a white envelope with a red exclamation mark. I haven't dropped my phone, no water damage and I'm between 3-4 bars of 3g.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    What is the file size of your sms, you're trying to send?

The sms maybe too big.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop6 View Post

Any ideas?

Thanks
    What is the file size of your sms, you're trying to send?

The sms maybe too big.
    They were just a few words. "He already called" "I will by the end of the day"

A few things to try...

1) To confirm it's not a 3G issue with 'Rogers', try; menus > settings > wireless & networks > mobile networks > 2g only.

2) Remove battery for 3 mins. reinstall and power up again.

3) Your account for sms is okay with your carrier and they haven't changed anything recently on their network.

A few things to try...

1) To confirm it's not a 3G issue with 'Rogers', try; menus > settings > wireless & networks > mobile networks > 2g only.

3) Your account for sms is okay with your carrier and they haven't changed anything recently on their network.
    I moved to 2g only and still had the problem.

My account for sms must be okay with my carrier as I've never had issues with it.

The three minute battery pull helped but doesn't explain anything. Hope it doesn't happen again.

Thanks!

A few things to try...

I moved to 2g only and still had the problem.

My account for sms must be okay with my carrier as I've never had issues with it.

The three minute battery pull helped but doesn't explain anything. Hope it doesn't happen again.

Thanks!
    FYI...

If there is any 'minor' software issue / glitch with the Nexus, the battery removal for 3mins, is what will cure it. However if it's a 'major' software glitch then factory reset is the way to go.

It hasn't done it since the battery pull so that's good! I will keep in mind..... minor error: 3min battery pull. Major error: factory reset.

Thanks

A battery pull a day keeps the bugs away
    Follow me on Twitter
    www.twitter.com/dchandler326

Quote Originally Posted by dchandler View Post
    A battery pull a day keeps the bugs away
    Agreed, I reb00t my phone once a day right in the morning when I wake up

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links