Wifi Disconnects When Phone Sleeps

This is a discussion on Wifi Disconnects When Phone Sleeps within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I will send the phone on Monday hopefully and lets see what HTC does. If they repair it then It'll be a Hardware issue or ...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wifi Disconnects When Phone Sleeps

I will send the phone on Monday hopefully and lets see what HTC does. If they repair it then It'll be a Hardware issue or else It'll be the Android OS/Google issue.

I changed mind and am now going for a swap.

The replacement N1 works like a charm.

Lightbulb Drops with Belkin router, OK with AT&T Uverse router

I had constant annoying wifi drops using my Belkin N router (F5D8233-4). I tried all sorts of different channels, security settings, etc.... nothing kept a stable wifi connection on the N1 (even though the router was flawless for other laptops).

I switched the N1 to use the default-provided AT&T Uverse Home Gateway Router (only 802.11g, but that's ok). It's been rock-solid for weeks now! I'm not sure what the N1 doesn't like about the Belkin, but it's definitely a clear difference in stability.

^^

Does your phone switch to mobile date automatically when screen goes off?

Also does your WiFi remains active when screen goes off provided the sleep policy is set to "never"?

I have the same problem, and I'm using a brand new Netgear WNDR3700 router. Brand new phone (<1week). I have my wifi sleep policy set to never.

After my phone has gone to sleep for awhile, it drops it's connection and I'm pretty sure it is switching over to 3G. When I return it back to active state I have to toggle wifi off then back on again to get it to reconnect. I've tried using both "Wifi Fixer" and "Fix My Wifi" from the Android market, neither of which are able to prevent my device from loosing the connection. But they do automatically restore the Wifi for me when returning from sleep.

I've still got to test some different settings on my router, and I hear using a static IP configuration with WAP setting (instead of WAP2) works. I just haven't gotten around to playing around with that myself yet...

Sounds like a lot of people have their fingers crossed that froyo will fix this...

resplendent2209 you had yours replaced? Is it fixed now?

The replacement fixed the wifi issue but it never switched to mobile data when screen goes off. The original one also seems to be doing this thing lately. Looks to me the screen shutdown has messed up the OS in many ways. One of the google tech employee said that it could pretty well be the software issue so I hve decided to stick with the original and will wait for Froyo.

Lets see if froyo fixes or not or else I am worried I'll be stuck in a loop of getting the Buggy Nexus one every week as a replacement.

@resplendent2209:

1) My screen goes off: stays on wifi
    2) let it 'sleep'/screen-off all night: wifi stays on
    3) leave house: switches to mobile-data
    4) come back to house: sometimes need to manually obtain IP-address once, then it's ok.

It seems very sensitive to the type/brand of router that I connect to. I've connected to my parents' home router and it's also very stable (Linksys WRT54G)

resplendent2209 could you provide me with the number to call Google. When I go to the website it only list HTC's phone number. Also, what kind of questions they asked you and what did you tell them about the issue?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links