Wifi Disconnects When Phone Sleeps

This is a discussion on Wifi Disconnects When Phone Sleeps within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Wi-fi lock app is your solution to the problem :-)... Look it up on the market!...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Wifi Disconnects When Phone Sleeps

Wi-fi lock app is your solution to the problem :-)... Look it up on the market!

Quote Originally Posted by oleg_mamaev View Post
    Wi-fi lock app is your solution to the problem :-)... Look it up on the market!
    If it was that easy there wouldn't be hundreds of people still trying to solve it.

Edit: Tried Wifi Lock just now. Completely useless. All it does is change wifi sleep policy to never. I already have it at never 24/7 and yet wifi still drops when screen turns off.

I'm using a Buffalo WRT54G router (with the Broadcom chipset-same as N1) and DD-WRT opensource firmware, static IP's thoughout, and never have a drop/sleep problem. N1 automagically goes to 3G when I'm leaving home. Some of these issues can be traced to firmware incompatibilities (Broadcom vs. Marvell vs. Atheros vs. etc.), encryption (WPA vs. WPA2) or simple excessive collisions (change tranceiver channels).

Well, can't tell for hundreds of people :-), but it worked for me on my N1 just fine - the screen went black and wi-fi kept on working. My screen turns off in 20 secs, yet download lasted for some 15 minutes.

I have the same problem...Best example would be when I am streaming Pandora via wi-fi...leave the phone, and pretty much as soon as the screen goes off, so does the WiFi. If I wake the phone screen, the wifi kicks in, seemingly at random. I still have my unlimited data plan, so I can go to the 3G, but I really would like my wifi to work as it is supposed to.

Well just upgraded to the Froyo OTA and still having the same problem. I really had my hopes up too. Anyone else having better luck?

I have been following the thread at the official Google help forum, and it is crazy how this problem seems to be very widespread and there hasn't been any real response from Google or HTC.

WiFi constantly drops, won't stay connected when in sleep (option to never sleep IS selected) and won't reconnect - Android Help

Add your email to this thread...there are a lot of smart people trying a lot of different things to see if they can get it to work, but no definitive answers yet.

The wifi disco may be driven by the application. I never have a problem with Pandora but I did with andro radio. See if it goes to sleep with Pandora as a test. I am running FRF91

I think it is due to types of router's chipset like mentioned by alphawave7. At home I was sometime got disconnected but just now at Starbucks, worked fine.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    "You don't know the power of the dark side!"

Quote Originally Posted by Xy()niX View Post
    I have the same problem, and I'm using a brand new Netgear WNDR3700 router. Brand new phone (<1week). I have my wifi sleep policy set to never.

After my phone has gone to sleep for awhile, it drops it's connection and I'm pretty sure it is switching over to 3G. When I return it back to active state I have to toggle wifi off then back on again to get it to reconnect. I've tried using both "Wifi Fixer" and "Fix My Wifi" from the Android market, neither of which are able to prevent my device from loosing the connection. But they do automatically restore the Wifi for me when returning from sleep.

I've still got to test some different settings on my router, and I hear using a static IP configuration with WAP setting (instead of WAP2) works. I just haven't gotten around to playing around with that myself yet...

Sounds like a lot of people have their fingers crossed that froyo will fix this...
    I have the same Netgear router. Every morning I have to struggle to get Wifi to reconnect. I bet its a router firmware problem. FRF91 does not fix the issue with me.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links