Wifi Disconnects When Phone Sleeps

This is a discussion on Wifi Disconnects When Phone Sleeps within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I have tried everything. All those solutions I googled up are not working for me. On my HTC Dream and HTC Hero I was streaming ...

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wifi Disconnects When Phone Sleeps

Wifi Disconnects When Phone Sleeps

I have tried everything. All those solutions I googled up are not working for me. On my HTC Dream and HTC Hero I was streaming coast to coast am using Droidlive with no problem when the screen turns off. Just needed to change a setting in the settings. With the Nexus One even though I set wifi sleep policy to never wifi still disconnects when screen goes off.

Things I've tried:

Static IP
    Changing router wifi channel
    httpmon
    wifi fixer

There is no firmware upgrade for my wireless gateway. I do not use router. The gateway is a modem+router 2 in 1.

I tried setting the password ecryption to manual instead of auto, but it auto go back to auto by itself.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

If you do a search within the forum, you will see that this has been an issue with some members and the problem I believe is on the Nexus One side.

I'm not sure if a resolution was found, but check it out...

I have the same problem too and no solution that I am aware of. Wifi always kicks in though when it wakes up, which seems pretty wierd.

Read this tip...maybe it will help:
    Another Nexus One Wifi Tip The Artistic Mathematician
    Using the procedure in that link + changing the WiFi sleep policy to "never" seems to be working for me, but I just tried it so we'll just see if it sticks. BTW, my router is using WPA/WPA2 PSK.

Quote Originally Posted by kc.rkitek View Post
    Read this tip...maybe it will help:
    Another Nexus One Wifi Tip The Artistic Mathematician
    Using the procedure in that link + changing the WiFi sleep policy to "never" seems to be working for me, but I just tried it so we'll just see if it sticks. BTW, my router is using WPA/WPA2 PSK.
    Hi, thx for the reply but I already tried those methods. I did tons of googling before coming to this forum. Nothing seem to work for me. The only way I guess is to wait for the next update for the Nexus One.

I am still having this problem even with the latest cyanogen mod. This is a issue for me cause I like to stream certain radio station with droidlive. Only way for me to is to have the screen timeout at 30mins, which wastes a lot of battery.

I have the same issue but I have heard that N1 users who use the Desire's ROM doesn't seem to have this issue.

Please try contacting google tech support. I already did and thr guy seems to be testing few scenarios.

I've updated to Froyo 2.2 and still having this problem.

Check the thread below -

WiFi constantly drops, won't stay connected when in sleep (option to never sleep IS selected) and won't reconnect - Android Help

A guy got HTC response saying that only few WiFi routers are compatible, Weird :S

That is a different problem. I am not getting wifi drop, it never drops. It only disconnects when I turn off the screen.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links