Ten incredibly irritating Nexus problems

This is a discussion on Ten incredibly irritating Nexus problems within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by alphawave7 Originally Posted by pewtavert My friends who have sampled my phone all seem to comment "it ain't no iphone". Yep, it's ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ten incredibly irritating Nexus problems

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pewtavert View Post
    My friends who have sampled my phone all seem to comment "it ain't no iphone".
    Yep, it's better!
    Screen and pics do not slide as smoothly from one to another as an iphone, I was told and the N1 is not nearly as easy to navigate according to them.

I also think you might have a bad device. I have T-Mobile and have had the device since Jan 10. I have not had a single dropped call since I got the phone, nobody has complained that they cannot hear me, and my 3G connections is pretty stable 99% of the time. Of course you're going to have an occasional force close of an application now and then, but this would mostly be a developer issue and not a device issue. I would contact HTC and let them know af these issue, more than likely you'll get the device replaced as it would be under warranty. Good luck mate!

Junior Member brokenevol_nexusone's Avatar

Cool Me tooo!!!

i have had this phone for about 5 or 6 days now and already i am having 6 out of your 10 problems, apps hanging/force close,drop calls, unsent texts,the screen problems,all the programs starting on own using all the phones memory then when i kill the programs have to go back and reset the screen saver also always reverts the screen to the dialing screen insted of the home screen, bluetooth is ify at best... May be is something that i have not got set right because it ran grate the first day... Oh i am on At&t and it has the 850 band for 3g

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    I'm sorry but I haven't experience any of these problems other than maybe some force closes here and there. My google voice and recognition works great with back noise, TV on, or radio. No issues there.

The only issue I get sometimes is the cursor won't show in the text field sometimes. But I just force close the browser and reopen and it works fine.
    Androidfied.

I've had my nexus one for about a month or so, and I've experienced almost all of those problems and more. And these problems occur at most once a day or less and fairly randomly.
    I've had dropped calls, text messages not sending (I have to reboot my phone for them to send), lots of the usual touchscreen problems, missed calls where I have a voicemail but I never actually saw the call, 3g problems, mic problems, and a variety of other random problems such as:
    -the phone rebooting itself while I was texting
    -everything on the lockscreen disappearing except the wallpaper

I know that I probably have a faulty Nexus One but I keep refusing to exchange it for another because I don't want to deal with the whole phone exchanging process and I don't want to receive another Nexus with the same problems! I also keep waiting to see if there will be an update to fix some issues, but i'm starting to doubt that.
    I have no idea what to do!

Quote Originally Posted by grmagnu24 View Post
    I've had my nexus one for about a month or so, and I've experienced almost all of those problems and more. And these problems occur at most once a day or less and fairly randomly.
    I've had dropped calls, text messages not sending (I have to reboot my phone for them to send), lots of the usual touchscreen problems, missed calls where I have a voicemail but I never actually saw the call, 3g problems, mic problems, and a variety of other random problems such as:
    -the phone rebooting itself while I was texting
    -everything on the lockscreen disappearing except the wallpaper

I know that I probably have a faulty Nexus One but I keep refusing to exchange it for another because I don't want to deal with the whole phone exchanging process and I don't want to receive another Nexus with the same problems! I also keep waiting to see if there will be an update to fix some issues, but i'm starting to doubt that.
    I have no idea what to do!
    Some of these issues we cannot control, but some we can troubleshoot. If the phone is largely functional, and most issues are impacted by poor signal/drop signal, then a swap won't help..it's just part of the deal you will need to adjust to. Others, like unstable behaviour can often be traced to faulty or poorly coded apps, which can be managed using a taskiller to identify and delete culprits.

Yes, it must be your phone, I've had my phone for about a month and the sound is excellent, even when I'm in the noisy server room people say my voice is very clear with no background noise. Signal is also much better than my KU990.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by SeanDean41 View Post

7.Missed calls--- I often get a voicemail only to notice that I havent missed a the call, just the phone apparently didnt have signal moments before. And I have picked up the phone from my desk at home and work man times to see zero bars and a small X on teh left of the signal indicator.
    This happens to me quite a bit in downtown Chicago during peak cell time (around 5PM) with my W810i. So it's not uncommon in cellular networks and probably has nothing to do with the N1.

Also, it seems like you have a defective piece of hardware.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links