Ten incredibly irritating Nexus problems
This is a discussion on Ten incredibly irritating Nexus problems within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; OK, I really like the functionality of this phone and coming from a simple Nokia, I can never turn back from some sort of Android ...
Ten incredibly irritating Nexus problems
OK, I really like the functionality of this phone and coming from a simple Nokia, I can never turn back from some sort of Android or other smartphone now....
But I must say that I am EXTREMELY disappointed with the numerous problems with this phone. It really feels like this thing is a beta model realeased on us for development of future products
1. 3G/EDGE switching, annoying as hell
2. Generally crappy signal and sound--- I get 4 bars with my $50 Nokia in places where this phone only gets 2. Recently tried a MyTouch3G and it is also much better in the signal dept and my Nokia has great sound.
Apparently the microphone isnt great either. Every time I swap to the Nokia, people comment how much better they can hear me. Additionally if I hold the phone with my shoulder at home or at the office people say it sounds like I am "in a tunnel." I can achieve this same effect by holding my hand over the back of the phone while talking. The antenna is so crappy that my shoulder or hand makes the phones signal turn to garbage?? I have had to learn to always just lightly hold the phone my the lower edges and my index finger on the back. REALLY ANNOYING.
3. Force closing of apps--- Many apps run slowly and at least a few times a day I have to force close something. Usually Pandora, or a calorie-counter app I have. Also a streaming radio app I have locks up frequently.
4. Failure to re-establish data connection--- It seems like very often when a data signal drops, the phone is unable to re-establish the connection and I usually have to close/re-open the app. Especially streaming music, Youtube app and the browser. It will just hang and hang even though I can clearly see a decent signal on the screen.
5. Odd screen issues--- The phone often turns off the screen just seconds after I wake it up before I even have a chance to unlock it and then touching the power button will not wake it up again, I usually have to touch the power button twice or more to wake it up again.
Also the touchscreen occasionally doesnt register at all or registers in the wrong place. Seems to reset after a few minutes....
6. Drops calls--- Way to many of them, At least 3 times a day it will not even make a damn call, it just sits there and hangs, and then gives me a beep, and when I look at the screen it is on the lock screen. Today I had to call someone back 3 times to make the fu<king call go through, after it dropped the call. Showing 3bars of 3g the whole time.
7.Missed calls--- I often get a voicemail only to notice that I havent missed a the call, just the phone apparently didnt have signal moments before. And I have picked up the phone from my desk at home and work man times to see zero bars and a small X on teh left of the signal indicator.
8. Frequent unsent SMS messages--- Far too often I am left wondering if someone got my text because I get many messages that say message was unable to send. Yet sometimes people receive the text message even though my phone shows it as unsent.....
9. Voice recognition--- Well its great in a silent room, anything else and it is more frustration and comedy than useful.
10. Price--- For all of the above issues, plus a few that have slipped my mind, I find it incredibly difficult to feel good about paying $279 plus a new 2yr contract plus an 'upgrade fee'... Upgrade??? As far as working nicely as a PHONE, this thing is a definite DOWNGRADE
Personally I think the majority of these problems are the result of a really bad antenna design, but would like to hear how many other people are having these problems and if only some, of all of them??
Hoping for a replacement phone with better hardware soon,
Android.net is the premier Android Forum
. Registered users do not see these ads. .
Yes, I would say you definitely need to have that one replaced. Sounds like something is wrong. I have had mine since feb.5th. No problems to speak of. Sometimes when I am talking and holding the phone to my ear and shoulder I do get someone saying "What?" on the other end. But not always. Depending on how I am holding it and how tight I guess. Other than that, I have no complaints except for the speakers. Wish they were louder, but then, sometimes they are toooooooo loud when someone is hollering at me. So... I would say, send it back for an exchange. It is a good phone for most...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Google Nexus One Froyo
Rooted ~ CM 6RC3~ CM6.0 N1~ Nightlies ~
Was Using~ eViL's NXSense v.1.21.3 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink
Was Using~ MicroMod's 2.12 Desire SuperHybrid
Was Using~ MicroMod's Gingerbread CM7 Custom ROM v1.2 (DT's-Ap2Ext,Bat%,Themed
Was Using ~ BlackDroid's Nexus One - UD 3.1.0Rom
Was Using ~ CM 7 Gingerbread Green or Blue ExtremeMod ROM
Now ~ CM NIGHTLY'S
Psshh your phone is a defect LOL. I have none of those problems..
Froyo 2.2 Stock
Do you have ATT or T-Mobile?
Sucks to be you I guess! Lol...get it replace dude.
no problems here with T-mo. do you still get dropped/missed calls if you have 4 bars? i'd get it replaced if the problem persists.
Originally Posted by Yadao
He obviously has T-Mo cause of the MT3G he said, but its NOT a carrier issue he is talking about. There are several random occurences of problems such as his floating around and they are ALL phone issues, most if not all are SOFTWARE and should be fixed with new firmware releasing.
Originally Posted by The Law
In his case you probably have every defect known, so you probably have a lemon.
Nexus One and luvin it
Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release
I often get people telling me my call has gone quiet, sounds like in a tunnel, etc and then it comes right again.
One thing I have noticed is that I normally hold my phone in my left hand when talking and my index finger tends to sit right on top of the rear mic.
As this rear mic is supposed to allow noise cancelling, I wonder if there is an amp circuit that boosts voice when the rear mic is cancelling noise and drops boost when there is no noise. If so, when you put your finger over the mic, the phone would not here any background noise and would drop the boost to a low level which may result in the low voice volume?
Just a theory, will have to do some tests to see.
Stupid question but you don't happen to have a case that covers that extra mic do you? I could see it screwing up if it's covered. Same question goes to the original poster.
Originally Posted by peejayw
And yes I agree with everyone else, sounds like you got a messed up phone. I don't have any of those problems and I've had my phone for over a month.
Nope, no case, just my fat finger
Search tags for this page
irritating problems with nexus 10
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.