Wifi issue? I don't remember...I don't recall

This is a discussion on Wifi issue? I don't remember...I don't recall within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Wifi does not remember already setup wifi points. Is there a fix on the way? I have wifi in my apt and everytime I leave ...

Thread: Wifi issue? I don't remember...I don't recall

Cool Wifi issue? I don't remember...I don't recall

Wifi does not remember already setup wifi points. Is there a fix on the way?

I have wifi in my apt and everytime I leave and come back the phone doesn't recognize it.

If I don't remember to connect again I am sure my data will go through the roof and I will get a huge bill at months end.

Is there a fix?

Thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Is your wifi always enabled or when you go into your apt, you turn it on?

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop6 View Post
    Is your wifi always enabled or when you go into your apt, you turn it on?
    Thanks for responding.

Wifi is always enabled. It's when I come back I have go into the settings and reconnect with my wifi in my apartment.

The Nexus should connect to your network...

I do notice that just like my home network and outside 'open network', the Nexus does take a bit of time to actually connect or inform me of an 'open network'.

However I use 'WiFi Analyzer' market app and this informs me well ahead of the Nexus, that there is an open network.

How long do you leave it, before you connect manually?

I don't know exactly how long I wait BUT its been about 5 days with my new phone and its habit now to check when I get back into my apartment as I know it loses the signal and resorts to 3G.

I do notice if I leave for a shorter period of time, then come back, wifi will auto connect to my network---at least I think thats whats happening.

I guess I am use to my iPhone and wifi was super duper. Never an issue. I am not sure why the Nexus appears to act very differently in regards to wifi and notifications etc.

I like how the iPhone has a window the pops up and show's what connections are available and whether they are encrypted or open.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by trellaine201 View Post
    I don't know exactly how long I wait BUT its been about 5 days with my new phone and its habit now to check when I get back into my apartment as I know it loses the signal and resorts to 3G.

I do notice if I leave for a shorter period of time, then come back, wifi will auto connect to my network---at least I think thats whats happening.

I guess I am use to my iPhone and wifi was super duper. Never an issue. I am not sure why the Nexus appears to act very differently in regards to wifi and notifications etc.

I like how the iPhone has a window the pops up and show's what connections are available and whether they are encrypted or open.

Thanks again.
    For wifi notification, make sure it is enabled...

menu > settings > wireless & networks > wifi setttings.

Also try 'WiFi Analyzer', will show you all that you mentioned you had in the 'iP'; in a better 'UI' than the Nexus.

I had this problem at home, yet at work my wifi works flawlessly with multiple routers. After playing around with multiple "solutions" I found on the web, I stumbled on my own. What I did was in Wireless & Network settings hit the Menu softkey and choose Advanced. Then choose Use Static IP and enter your ip address. I use a router at home so I entered the ip of the router (192.168.x.x). That was it. My wifi is solid all the time now.

Also, I believe this only worked because I had connected at least once the traditional way (scan & save the connection). But it just couldn't hold the connection. By providing the ip it stays locked on.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop6 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by trellaine201 View Post

Thanks again.
    For wifi notification, make sure it is enabled...

menu > settings > wireless & networks > wifi setttings.

Also try 'WiFi Analyzer', will show you all that you mentioned you had in the 'iP'; in a better 'UI' than the Nexus.
    Thanks I have downloaded wifi analyzer. What settings should I use?

Thanks again

The default settings are good enough, just set your AP.

open wifi analyzer. > settings > view > then choose your network.

The rest, when you play around with it; is self explanatory.

Fun although I am not sure what I am doing or why lol, I will take a closer look at the analyzer and goof around I guess
    Thanks again.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links