Unable to start WiFi - stock phone

This is a discussion on Unable to start WiFi - stock phone within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi, I just started getting a problem. My phone is stock and has never been rooted. When I try to turn on my Wifi, it ...

Thread: Unable to start WiFi - stock phone

Unable to start WiFi - stock phone

Hi,

I just started getting a problem. My phone is stock and has never been rooted.

When I try to turn on my Wifi, it sits for a little while, and then comes back and says "Unable to start WiFi" and it stays off.

Now, it could be that there is a problem with my corporate wifi, as even my laptop is having an issue, too, but there are other wifi ports available, and I'm thinking that even if it can't connect to the default choice, it would still start the WiFi and just say it can't connect. In this case, it won't even start the WiFi, it just comes back and the WiFi is turned off.

Any thoughts on how to debug/fix this?

Is my phone just screwed and I need to get it replaced?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

If you can't turn on the Wifi then it seems that you have a problem with your Nexus. It doesn't need to have a wifi connection nearby to be able to turn it on.

Just for fun, try turning off the phone and removing the battery for say 3-5 minutes. Fire it back up and see if that fixes it.

Also, have you tryed a factory reset yet?

Yep, tried removing the battery for about 10 minutes, no change.

Does a factory reset erase data on the SD card?

No, a factory reset will not erase data on the SD card, but you could back it up to your computer just to be sure...I'd recommend that. A factory reset will however clear everything in the internal memory of the device. This means that you have to reenter your google/gmail acct information, resync with the 'cloud', and reinstall all of your apps. It's rather tedious but if your hardware is currently not working, it's probably necessary. I would assume that if you call HTC or Google for support, they're going to instruct you to try this first anyway, so you may as well go for it before even contacting them. If that doesn't correct it, you may just have a hardware problem...

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links