Music player issue !!!

This is a discussion on Music player issue !!! within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hope someone has the answer ! I have been trying (unsuccessfully) to add music to the SD card in the phone, I have followed the ...

Thread: Music player issue !!!

Music player issue !!!

Hope someone has the answer !

I have been trying (unsuccessfully) to add music to the SD card in the phone, I have followed the instructions in the user guide ie connect USB cable, checking and following the instructions in the notification box etc but I cannot "unmount" the card, the notification does not come up, it (notification) simply states unplug USB storage, but you must unmount the SD card first ? HOW DO I UNMOUNT THE SD CARD ???.

It is driving me mad !...can any one help I want to listen to my music !

Many thanks, in anticipation ! :confused:

ps I still love the N1, great phone !

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

When you plug in the N, there should be a notification and you pull it down and select Mount so you can copy files to the SD card. The icon in the notification area should change to a USB symbol. When you are done adding (or deleting) files from the SD card, you pull down the notification (mine reads "Turn off USB Storage) and tap that message and select the turn off button.

Music player issue !

Hi David,

Thanks for the advice, I tried it, but no joy !

No files coming across only, I moved music from "My Music folder" to a new folder I created in the "E" drive (SD card), when I go to music palyer only thing showing is the music already on the SD card !

Very frustrating !

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by errolc8 View Post
    ...the notification does not come up, it (notification) simply states unplug USB storage
    Yes, that's unmount. You're good.

If you cannot see the files on the N1, maybe they are the wrong file type. Despite what you read, the N1 only sees MP3 files.

Thanks Keyplyr

I think you may have answered the problem.....duh ! I did'nt think of that....now the next problem is converting my music into MP3 files !

I hope it's straight forward....this is a learning curve for me !

Thanks again to you all

Quote Originally Posted by errolc8 View Post
    Thanks Keyplyr

I think you may have answered the problem.....duh ! I did'nt think of that....now the next problem is converting my music into MP3 files !
    Use Itunes. Yeah, I know, Apple, BAH HUMBUG. Download and install Itunes. Go to Edit, Preferences, Click the "Import Settings" button. Choose Import Using: "MP3 Encoder" from the Dropdown list. For Settings, Choose "Higher Quality (192Kbps)." Don't click OK yet.

Optional Step: Click on "Advanced" tab, Check the box labeled, "Copy files to Itunes Media Folder when adding to library".

This will put all your files in order of Artist/Album/Track in the "My Music"\Itunes\iTunes Media\Music folder on your hard drive.

Click Ok.

To import all your music into Itunes:
    Click on File, Add Folders to Library.
    Browse and choose the folder that contains your music files.
    Click "Select Folder"

All your music will automatically import. Once its finished, Select all your music by clicking on a music track and using CTRL-A. Click on Advanced on the Menu and choose, Make MP3 Version. It will ask you if you want to delete your original files. I suggest saying yes if this is a clean install of iTunes. That way you won't end up with duplicate tracks.

If you have .m4p files (ie DRM protected itunes tracks) or DRM protected WMA files, you will need to burn CDs of all your music and then reimport them as MP3 files. That's the only legit way to defeat the DRM.

Have fun! BTW, your phone will also see .m4a files. I use the Meridian music client. I've found it to be the best out of all the ones I've tried.

Hi Luq07, many thanks for you're advice I will give it a try, I have no problem with using ITunes if it does the job! Many thanks again !

Hi Luq07,

It worked a treat my N1 is loaded with music now !

Did your album artwork come across ?....if yes how did you do it through Itunes ?

Many thanks again for your help

Itunes is funny with Album artwork. It doesn't embed the artwork into the MP3 file. It actually has a separate artwork folder and the internal database keeps track. You'll need a third party tool that supports MP3v2 tags and embedding artwork. I don't know of any that could help.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links