Wifi is driving me nuts, they better get this fixed!

This is a discussion on Wifi is driving me nuts, they better get this fixed! within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Sorry but I have no idea what rooting is...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wifi is driving me nuts, they better get this fixed!

Sorry but I have no idea what rooting is

Then rooting is not an option for you, this is something that needs to be fixed and I do feel your pain.

Question

How do you know when your phone isn't hooked up to the WiFi router? Is it as simple as the WiFi icon from the task bar is not displayed?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by N1David View Post
    How do you know when your phone isn't hooked up to the WiFi router? Is it as simple as the WiFi icon from the task bar is not displayed?
    Thanks

As simple as that!!

FWIW, the wifi chip in the N1 is Broadcom, and it's typically most stable with similar Broadcom-equipped routers, like Linksys/Buffalo,etc. as opposed to Atheros chipsets and others. One can download Wireshark and monitor their wifi connection to troubleshoot and pinpoint the failure. There are also a few apps in the market designed for wifi 'keep-alive'. This is an issue across MANY devices, not just the N1.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop6 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by N1David View Post
    Thanks

As simple as that!!
    Thanks Bishop.

Well, I've fixed my wifi problem. It's been solid for the last 2 days and hasn't dropped once, even during the night.

How.... I had to change routers to do it. Ended up with a refurbed Linksys WRT54GS for $40.00 and it works like a charm. I had tried all the tricks/apps and my Belkin just wouldn't hold a connection with the N1. Eventhough it's worked fine with my old Hero, iPhone and Mac. My girlfriend's even used it for UMA calling with her Blackberry.

I'm positive this is a problem with the N1 that needs to be addressed. But until then, if you're desperate, you may have no choice but to change routers.

Hmmm good to see this seems to be router problems.
    I have read a few of these threads, and was concerned about it. But I noticed I never had this issue. My phone connects to my router while im still walking up to my house, and its set to go to silent when I get to the college campus by sensing thier wireless and it is flawless at doing this.
    I use Linksys and it looks like I will keep with it as long as I have the N1
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

I have quite a new but cheap Linksys router that the Nexus One doesn't like. I'm experiencing the same disconnection issues as described. It will just go back to the cell network and use up data.

I know it's not the router because the 'Hero' picked it up fine and remained connected.

Nexus One turns it's nose up at this particular router. It's fine on 4 other routers tested on.

Do Androids have taste?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links