Wifi is driving me nuts, they better get this fixed!

This is a discussion on Wifi is driving me nuts, they better get this fixed! within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Wifi on this phone is driving me nuts! I am at home and connected to my wireless router, but it disconnects sometimes, unknowingly and thus ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wifi is driving me nuts, they better get this fixed!

Thumbs up Wifi is driving me nuts, they better get this fixed!

Wifi on this phone is driving me nuts! I am at home and connected to my wireless router, but it disconnects sometimes, unknowingly and thus I am using 3G which at the end of the month could cost me dearly if I go over the limit.

Why does this phone do this? And is there any solution to this? I tried some app killer but that really wasn't working and affected some other programs like my gallery.

And I still found it was disconnecting wifi.

I leave my apartment for a few hours and come back, I have to set the wifi once again.

This is driving me nuts. Does HTC or Nexus know there is an issue?

Thanks for any help or solution.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

This issue has been voiced on the Google help forums many times. Google did respond to one thread and said they are looking into it. I have the same problem at home and have tried many fixes. Every time I think it's licked, it comes back again.

At this point, I believe it's my router. At work we use LinkSys routers and he connection is solid as a rock. At home I have an old Belkin and it gives problems. I'm sure nothing is wrong with it. my old Hero & iPhone connected flawlessly and my Mac does too. But I'm convinced the N1 doesn't like it for some strange reason :\

Thanks for the response. I do feel a bit better knowing this is an issue that needs to be fixed.

I will be following this as best I can. I just can't forget to turn the wifi back on once I return home.

I really hope that during the night, I am not reverting back to 3G. I think I will turn the phone off.

Is there very much data being used if I leave the phone on overnight using 3G?

Quote Originally Posted by trellaine201 View Post
    Depends on your apps and if you have anything syncn'd.

When in other countries, I use a task manager to shut down superfluous apps so I don't incur excess data roaming charges. You might consider doing this as well.

Quote Originally Posted by keyplyr View Post
    Depends on your apps and if you have anything syncn'd.

When in other countries, I use a task manager to shut down superfluous apps so I don't incur excess data roaming charges. You might consider doing this as well.
    I tried an app killer but it was blocking some apps and wasn't working properly when I had wifi fixer. It really did nothing to help solve keeping the wifi connected. And it blocked the gallery application. Even when I had the gallery app unchecked. *shrug* I had to uninstall it.

I leave mine on all night and yes, it loses connection to my wifi. Probably as soon as I'm in bed

I don't find it uses much data though at night... although I've never benchmarked it to see. I kill anything that's running in the background syncing stuff. For example, I have News Rob app for RSS, but I set it to sync only on wifi. Also I make sure Google Maps, etc isn't running. So the only thing going is my email.

A few solutions, although they never worked for me, I saw posted on Google forums are:

1) Make sure the SSID of your router isn't set to hidden.
    2) Settings > Wireless & networks > Wi-Fi settings Hit the menu softkey and choose Advanced. Set Wi-Fi seep policy to Never.

One of those might work for you.

Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post
    I leave mine on all night and yes, it loses connection to my wifi. Probably as soon as I'm in bed

I don't find it uses much data though at night... although I've never benchmarked it to see. I kill anything that's running in the background syncing stuff. For example, I have News Rob app for RSS, but I set it to sync only on wifi. Also I make sure Google Maps, etc isn't running. So the only thing going is my email.

A few solutions, although they never worked for me, I saw posted on Google forums are:

1) Make sure the SSID of your router isn't set to hidden.
    2) Settings > Wireless & networks > Wi-Fi settings Hit the menu softkey and choose Advanced. Set Wi-Fi seep policy to Never.

One of those might work for you.
    Who do I email regarding this issue? HTC? or Google? I am not sure who to contact.

Who do I email regarding this issue? HTC? or Google? I am not sure who to contact.
    I would say Google to start. You can find contact options here Contacting Support - Nexus One Help

HTC is for hardware issues and I think this would fall under software. At least to start troubleshooting it anyways.

Thanks. An email has been sent. If no emails are sent then nothing will be done to make this wifi run seemlessly as it should.

Im not recommending anything but I did have the same issue, I rooted a few weeks ago and my wifi is working much better. I have not read that rooting is a fix for the wifi problems but it worked for me. As a side note I did not flash my radio when I rooted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links