Problems. Phone won't turn on after charging, and USB won't connect to computer.

This is a discussion on Problems. Phone won't turn on after charging, and USB won't connect to computer. within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I just received my Nexus One about a week ago. I only use a USB charger to charge my phone. I usually turn my phone ...

Thread: Problems. Phone won't turn on after charging, and USB won't connect to computer.

Problems. Phone won't turn on after charging, and USB won't connect to computer.

I just received my Nexus One about a week ago.
    I only use a USB charger to charge my phone. I usually turn my phone off, put my computer on stand by at night before I go to sleep, and charge my phone that way. When I plug it in, the orange light lights up indicating it is charging, and all is good.

When I wake up in the morning, there is no light. (Should there be a green light?) Then when I try turning on my phone, nothing happens. The only way to fix this is to do a battery pull, and put it right back in, then I can turn it on again. When it turns on, the battery is nearly fully charged.

Is this normal? Does this have something to do with the USB charger? Or is it a defective battery?

Another problem:
    Sometimes when I connect to the USB, I can't mount. When I click mount, it shows "Turn Off USB Storage" for a second, and then drops. It then says, "Preparing SD card.." and goes back to where it was before. This happened before, but I fixed it by installing new drivers for the Nexus One.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I know the charging through the pc (via usb) is different and not as efficient as the wall charger...

With the wall charger the LED will change from either red, orange to green when over 90% charged, though I never fully charge via the pc before...

To confirm if it's a battery / charger issue, I would use the wall charger.

For the mounting issue, what 'OS' are you using?

Your computer may be putting the USB hubs to sleep, cutting off their 500ma at some given point (adjustable in settings), thus you are not getting a full charge in time. The phone continues to slowly discharge overnight after that happens.

The thing is, I do get a full charge though.
    It just won't turn on after I finish charging unless I take the battery out and put it back in.

Quote Originally Posted by JJNex View Post
    The thing is, I do get a full charge though.
    It just won't turn on after I finish charging unless I take the battery out and put it back in.
    Ah! I didn't catch that on the first read-thru. It sounds like your phone is shutting itself off overnight. I would also try Bishop6's suggestion, and see if the AC adapter charger does the same thing...at minimum we can narrow down what is causing it. If it continues, we can try running apps (eg. music) in the background to see if the phone stays on overnight.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links