screen burn in

This is a discussion on screen burn in within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I've had the phone a couple days and cannot ignore the burn in I have. It's noticeable on any solid colors like the white on ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: screen burn in

screen burn in

I've had the phone a couple days and cannot ignore the burn in I have. It's noticeable on any solid colors like the white on google browser home, and especially blues. Does anyone else have this?

I can even read the message, it says key linking, sounds like a manufacturer setting that was left on the screen too long during setup. Generally it gives the screen a smudged dirty look. I've already called about a replacement, but am I being too anal about this?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Burn in is burn in. Get it replace. Never had that problem(knock on wood). I didn't even know that it could happen to cell phones in particular. Would imagine only happening to plasma tvs and crt monitors.

Quote Originally Posted by paperclipchevy View Post
    I've had the phone a couple days and cannot ignore the burn in I have. It's noticeable on any solid colors like the white on google browser home, and especially blues. Does anyone else have this?

I can even read the message, it says key linking, sounds like a manufacturer setting that was left on the screen too long during setup. Generally it gives the screen a smudged dirty look. I've already called about a replacement, but am I being too anal about this?

How long was it on that it did that? I know the manual says to not let the display be on for more than 30 min straight, or you risk burn in.

The problem is not if the screen is on for a long period, but if there's any static image that causes burn in...

Very much like plazma tv, LCD's are a little better.

My phone had the factory default setting for screen saver which is only about 10 seconds. The burn in must have come from the manufacturer. Does anyone else have this problem?, you can easily check by downloading the android street light app and setting it to blue.

I have the same issue

This is the exact same thing I've noticed on my Nexus... purchased a few weeks ago. Were you able to RMA it for a new one? This is most definitely a manufacturer setup issue.

Quote Originally Posted by paperclipchevy View Post
    My phone had the factory default setting for screen saver which is only about 10 seconds. The burn in must have come from the manufacturer. Does anyone else have this problem?, you can easily check by downloading the android street light app and setting it to blue.
    Mine is fine.

My look fine! (knock on wood)

Quote Originally Posted by flow View Post
    My look fine! (knock on wood)
    My look fine too (Touch Wood)

I noticed I had Screen Burn on my Handset today, on the top of the screen where the notification bar is. I turned it sideways (landscape) while browsing a white page on a website and there it was. hidden where the notification bar would sit if it was turned right side up (Portrait).

Dang!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links