I can hear them, but they can't hear me..

This is a discussion on I can hear them, but they can't hear me.. within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by jimmy i'm having a problem here whereby i can't hear any voice during a phone call, but people can hear what am ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I can hear them, but they can't hear me..

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
    i'm having a problem here whereby i can't hear any voice during a phone call, but people can hear what am i talking at the other end. I can only hear when i turn on the "Speaker" mode. Not sure of what problem is that as it occurs in sudden. *The problem isn't arise as result of dropping of phone, turning off of incoming call volume. Anyone can help me here?
    I had a similar problem after I flew back from CA to MA. When I switched the phone off from airplane mode, I could make calls and they could hear me, but I couldn't hear them. I turned the phone off, turned it back on, and haven't had the problem since.

I also have this problem and have had it with previous phones also. The Nexus One is not the problem, its your carrier. From my understanding all carriers will have dead zones which causes communication problems. This is more than likely what you are experiencing.

Angry I pulled the batter to fix microphone problem

I had the issue where I could make calls and could hear them but they couldn't hear me. (Had to have bartender call my cab!) Anyway next day at home I called my land line and still had the problem. After I pulled the battery, everything was fine. Pisses me off to have these issues on what was supposed to be top of the line phone for $530!

Quote Originally Posted by nexus1inAZ View Post
    I also have this problem and have had it with previous phones also. The Nexus One is not the problem, its your carrier. From my understanding all carriers will have dead zones which causes communication problems. This is more than likely what you are experiencing.
    ITTA, I had this on my G1 (so far not on N1), and I *think* it's a dropped com at the tower...the carrier signal got separated somehow, into receive (or transmit) only. I see this more often calling other people's cell phones (me on landline)...they answer and I speak, but they can't hear me (same issue but landline on my side)...sometimes they tell the caller to call back on landline, as they have poor signal on their cell, if they were expecting the call, or I just wait a while and retry. The joy of using radio tranceivers ubiquitously, I suppose.

My issue was similar but a bit different. The other party could not hear me when I called them but I could hear them fine. If they dialed me back directly we could hear each other without issue.
    A simple reboot, not factory reset, fixed the issue. thanks all!

Could this be related to this:
    http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...es-itself.html

I have been having an issue for a few weeks where the phone will randomly mute itself (mute button will not be on, but muting and then un-muting the phone resolves the problem). I can hear the other person loud and clear, but they can't hear me.

It has caused quite a few confusing phone calls and is getting very annoying. It has nothing to do with the mic or signal strength and appears to be a software issue.

have the same problem from time to time. have to turn the phone totally off and turn it back on (reboot). Why, I don't know

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links