Touch screen - positioning sometimes failing?

This is a discussion on Touch screen - positioning sometimes failing? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Sometimes the touch screen positioning fails. Sometimes when I try to unlock the phone, I try to drag the slider to unlock the phone, but ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Touch screen - positioning sometimes failing?

Touch screen - positioning sometimes failing?

Sometimes the touch screen positioning fails.

Sometimes when I try to unlock the phone, I try to drag the slider to unlock the phone, but it doesn't position it correctly. So I have to touch the screen a little higher than the slider so it will hit it correctly.

The same thing happens sometimes inside the phone. This bugs me the most when I'm trying to type on the keyboard. Then when I'm typing and hit H it hits B etc.

This doesn't happen often but when it happens, it's REALLY annoying! To fix this I have to turn the phone off and then back on.

Does anyone have this problem? Is thig a bug or?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

i'm facing it too, any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by moamenam View Post
    i'm facing it too, any suggestions?
    I'm so glad to know that I'm not the only one facing this horrible problem!

Let's keep this thread open.

People, help us!

I think this is what they refer to as "crazy screen" and according to a foreign website, the next update out later this year is going to address this issue and fix that.
    I have read other postings of the screen not registering taps right and a fix is to lock the screen and unlock it. I haven't had much luck with that fix. What I do is wipe the screen off till it is a shiny clean (I use sunscrean and one phone call and my screen is a greasy mess); if cleaning does not fix it, then I turn off the phone and then turn it on again and the problem is fixed.

add me to the list.

I hit A or S and my voice speech pops up

Please add me to this list too. It is most noticeable trying to type letters and the actual touch shows well below where I touched. Very visible in swiping style keyboards like SlideIt or Swype where you can turn on visible lines. you touch someplace high on the keyboard and immediately see a 'plumb line' dropped to the bottom of the screen as if you touched both places!

On a single touch keyboard, it just registers the lowermost letter. Of course this behavior also exhibits itself trying to touch icons on the homescreen.

Randy

I get this problem a few times a week and it is very annoying. What I did notice is that if I clean the screen off, it normally fixes it. Seems like the oil on your skin may build up or mess with the touch sensor.

I have also noticed that if I rotate the screen from portrait to landscape and back... then sometimes it works too. Most of the time I just power off and then power back on. I clean the screen while I wait for it to boot. It doesn't happen too often, but it is a pain.

Maybe Froyo will have an update to help with that?

Froyo is supposed to help, but yep..ya gots to keep the screen clean.

Re: Touch screen - positioning sometimes failing?

I have the same problem when i type an a it will give me caps lock or symbols

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links