"Call logs" as default tab?

This is a discussion on "Call logs" as default tab? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi, is there any possibility of opening the call logs just after pressing "make call" button (like it is in most phones on the market)? ...

Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: "Call logs" as default tab?

  1. #1
    Junior Member loschack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2

    "Call logs" as default tab?

    Hi,

    is there any possibility of opening the call logs just after pressing "make call" button (like it is in most phones on the market)?

    The thing is, that if I have some missed calls, or want to call the number i've called recently, i need to press the "make call" button AND THEN "Call logs" tab - which is a bit inconvenient, especially because the tabs are located on the top, which makes impossible to repeat the last called number with one finger only.

    If there's any way to change that behaviour, please kindly advise.

  2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

  3. #2
    Senior Member rioja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    741
    This seems like a simple request, but it appears there's no setting for it on the N1. :\

    AnyCut app (free) or BetterCut app (paid) could do it. You can create a custom shortcut to the call log. There maybe other apps in the Market that will do it too.

    Any Cut v1.0 Application for Android | Tools
    BetterCut v2.2 Application for Android | Tools

  4. #3
    Member czarthp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    33
    same problem for me. 3 touches to redial rather than two pushes of a call button is annoying. I downloaded simple redial and placed it on my homescreeen. It redials the last number called or last received call. it is free

  5. #4
    Senior Member rioja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    741
    Just tried AnyCut for the first time. The "make your own" functionality is pretty powerful, but IMO not that easy for most people to use. I haven't tried BetterCut, maybe it's "better". LOL

    If you want a shortcut to call log, follow these steps.
    1) Press New Shortcut > Make your own

    2) Enter these values
    Action: android.intent.action.VIEW
    Data: content://call_log/calls
    Type: vnd.android.cursor.dir/calls
    Press OK

    3) Enter a friendly name for the shortcut like "call log" or something

    That's it, you'll see a new icon on the home screen to open the call log.
    I have no idea how to pick your own icon or edit the shortcut once created.

  6. #5
    Junior Member Ocelotetxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4
    Hi Rioja and everybody!
    I'm also using Bettercut. And I would like to know how to create a new shortcut that goes to missed calls instead of the call log. And other that goes to the inbox sms. I've tried a lot of combinations to do that unsuccessfully. I think there is a problem in my code and I don't know where. I have to fill the fields action, data and type. Do you have any idea?

    Then, I've tried to change the default icon of messages and I don't know why, it doesn't work. I've also used FolderOrganize.apk and when I create the shortcut in my screen I can see how it takes back to the original image. It's like if there were other image that needed to be changed.

    I hope you can help me.

  7. #6
    Senior Member rioja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    741
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocelotetxe View Post
    Hi Rioja and everybody!
    I'm also using Bettercut. And I would like to know how to create a new shortcut that goes to missed calls instead of the call log. And other that goes to the inbox sms. I've tried a lot of combinations to do that unsuccessfully. I think there is a problem in my code and I don't know where. I have to fill the fields action, data and type. Do you have any idea?

    Then, I've tried to change the default icon of messages and I don't know why, it doesn't work. I've also used FolderOrganize.apk and when I create the shortcut in my screen I can see how it takes back to the original image. It's like if there were other image that needed to be changed.

    I hope you can help me.
    Hi Ocelotetxe,

    I don't use BetterCut, but I've used the free version AnyCut.

    You won't be able to show only missed calls. That's beyond the capability of AnyCut/BetterCut because of the way the Android SDK works to get these. There is more coding involved to filter by missed, incoming or outgoing calls than can be entered into the BetterCut fields.

    For SMS, the most you can do is create a shortcut that opens the app. Not sure if that's what you mean by "inbox" or if you wanted to filter by unread/received messages only. Here is the code to just open the SMS app.

    Action: android.intent.action.MAIN
    Data: content://sms
    Type: vnd.android-dir/mms-sms

    These aren't really limitations with AnyCut/BetterCut, but there is only so much you can do in Android with the fields they give you in the app. From what I've seen with AnyCut, you're pretty limited to opening an application and not much beyond that.

  8. #7
    Senior Member eZdoesit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by loschack View Post
    The thing is, that if I have some missed calls, or want to call the number i've called recently, i need to press the "make call" button AND THEN "Call logs" tab - which is a bit inconvenient, especially because the tabs are located on the top, which makes impossible to repeat the last called number with one finger only.
    I almost NEVER use 2 fingers on my phone. I just tried going through the steps you just listed above with just my thumb from the same hand thats holding the phone and its very simple to do. And no I don't have big hands. Not trying to be rude or anything. I just don't experience the same problem you do I guess.

    Hope the 'make your own shortcut' works out for you.

  9. #8
    Junior Member Ocelotetxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4
    Thank you for your help, Rioja. It was really clarifying.

    I want to filter by missed calls and also by received messages with shortcuts.
    I didn't know if it would be possible to create a shortcut to show the missed calls because I couldn't find any code to access them (but as you said, with BetterCut is impossible). However, I found this code for the messages: "content://sms/inbox" and I thought that maybe I could filter the received messages. Would it be possible? Or is it the same as the missed calls?

    But anyway, do you know any other app that makes it? I don't mind programming though I prefer a simple apk to make it. It would be easier to me because Iím still a beginner with the Android SDK.

  10. #9
    Senior Member rioja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    741
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocelotetxe View Post
    Thank you for your help, Rioja. It was really clarifying.

    I want to filter by missed calls and also by received messages with shortcuts.
    I didn't know if it would be possible to create a shortcut to show the missed calls because I couldn't find any code to access them (but as you said, with BetterCut is impossible). However, I found this code for the messages: "content://sms/inbox" and I thought that maybe I could filter the received messages. Would it be possible? Or is it the same as the missed calls?

    But anyway, do you know any other app that makes it? I don't mind programming though I prefer a simple apk to make it. It would be easier to me because Iím still a beginner with the Android SDK.
    content://sms/inbox won't work on the Nexus One. It will till take you to the default Messaging view. For some reason Google removed the SMS content provider from the Android SDK. I think it was way back at Android 1.5 or 1.6. There use to be a bunch of them. content://sms/sent, content://sms/failed, etc.

    But, you can use this app SMS Manager v1.3.3 Application for Android | Tools It's free and I think it will give you exactly what you need

  11. #10
    Junior Member Ocelotetxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4
    Well, Sms Manager seems to be the best solution to my question although it wasn't what I was looking for...

    Thanks again for your help Rioja.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Ok..finally need some help.
    By androidlover in forum Samsung Galaxy
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-07-2011, 05:25 AM

Search tags for this page

android default tab call history
,
android missed calllog default
,
android phone default tab
,

android phone default to recent calls

,
android recent call default
,
android set default call log
,
call history default tab android
,
call log tab default
,
call logs nexus
,
default sms anycut
,
how to make call logs default tab on android
,
htc one call history default
,
nexus 4 missed call log
,

recent calls by default

,
suasumg table 10 where is a vnd.android.cursor.dir
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.
Android Forum