Just out of box phone just recycles on and off

This is a discussion on Just out of box phone just recycles on and off within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Just received the phone and after installing the battery and sim card and plugging in the charger the phone proceeded to just cycle on and ...

Thread: Just out of box phone just recycles on and off

Exclamation Just out of box phone just recycles on and off

Just received the phone and after installing the battery and sim card and plugging in the charger the phone proceeded to just cycle on and off. Cannot keep it on long enough to even sign in to my account. Does not even appear to be charging although the orange light on status bar just came on. Does the phone have to have a fully charged battery to initiate? Are there any steps I can take to resolve this matter? I have sent an email to the Google store informing them of this situation but no response as of yet. Any and all help will be most appreciated. I am hoping that this is something that is happening because the battery is not fully charged,but alas it does not appear that way..

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Let it fully charge to green, then retry.

That's probably why they tell you to charge it full first...
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

best idea would be for you to read the manual...
    Radio: 20100203_2 (EPE54B)
    Recovery: RA-nexus-v1.7.0 CM Version
    Rom: CyanogenMod v5.0.6
    Kernel: Pershoot's 2.6.33.3 OC/UV/BTN
    /AUD/RAM/VFPv3 (042610)
    OC mgmt: SetCPU 1.51a
    Theme: none right now...

After spending over an hour and a half with the Google reps and a half hour with the HTC techs the conclusion is that the device was DOA. The phone was fully charged but still continued to just cycle on and off. After going through a factory reset or reboot etc several times the phone just continues to cycle on and off with no clear cut time interval. The phone does not want to sync while it is on. The sad part to me is that I must send it back an order another one or send this one in for repair and risk getting a refurb back. This means I will have over 1100 dollars out and no device in hand. What little time I have been able to play with the phone has impressed me with the quality and abilities that the phone possesses. However I must think long and hard about the issues the phone has displayed with me and what I have read that others have gone through. I greatly appreciate the kindness and offers of help that this forum has provided me through you members.

I'd encourage you to stick it out...when it's working, it's a fantastic phone!

Unfortunately, the perfect production line has yet to be built, and problems do happen. And, much of the experience is in how well the manufacturer handles those problems. HTC and Google have been generally helpful with those who have had problems--and I honestly think you hear more about those issues than you do from those who've had none! I've had zero issues with my Nexus One, and I'm sure the majority of owners haven't either.

Good luck with your exchange. I'm sure the new Nexus will be what you expected.

I am in the process of deciding whether to just get my money back or order another phone. I have been able to make a couple of calls with the device on hand, but cannot get it to stay on when I try to use the browser or go to market. The phone does feel good in my hand and I am sure if it was working properly I would love it. In addition to the cycling on and off constantly I have noticed touchscreen issues and also connectivity issues. This all may be due to the cycling on and off. All the issues I am seeing on this forum added to the ones I have experienced out of the box make me very leery of having over 1100 dollars out of pocket and no device in hand. Even though HTC is instructing Google to give me a full refund they tell me that it will be at least 14 days to get my refund. If the next phone has issues or is the same then I would be out dollars for about a month. It feels like a pick a duck out of the water at the carnival, just pick it up and turn it over and see if you have won a prize, of course the odds are against winning anything or anything of value, however you are encouraged to keep on playing the game because you might win next time. The difference being the Nexus One is of high value if it is right. I am going to stick with an Android phone just not sure which one or when. If anyone has had a similar problem and sent one in for a refund and ordered another one at the same time I am very eager to hear how it turned out for them.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links