GPRS Problem

This is a discussion on GPRS Problem within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Dear all, I just got my google nexus one phone, i got the settings for my GPRS connection. Everything works gr8 except one thing..while browsing ...

Thread: GPRS Problem

Question GPRS Problem

Dear all,

I just got my google nexus one phone, i got the settings for my GPRS connection. Everything works gr8 except one thing..while browsing using my gprs on my phone anybody tried to contact me he always receive that my number is out of network..closing browser or any IM i am using, and re-dial, my phone rings and everything works normal..i had another phone before buying nexus, when browsing on it and some1 calls me, my phone rings and i got a message "packet data on hold", then when disconnecting the call, i receive back "packet data connected" and i continue browsing.

So it seems like nexus settings have the priority for GPRS then the calling network, how can i reverse the rule so i always browse and still can receive my calls lol :)

Thank you guys in advance, keep up the good work :)

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

hello,

i don't face the issue you mentioned.
    GPRS/EDGE data transfer was going on in my browser.
    i tried to call from another mobile to my nexus one & it was ringing in my n1.

so may be this is an issue with ur service provider.

Br,
    Job

Smile

Hey,

as i mentioned before and what made me sure that it isn't a service provider issue that i had an E72 nokia handset with my SIM card gprs/edge and it was working pretty fine, as when some1 call me the phone puts the packet data on hold and resume it upon disconnecting call, so the service is working great but not after i bought the Nexus and moved my SIM to the new phone...and that what made me think twice that its a handset issue or maybe some miss-configuration with the settings...

Thanks for your reply

You may take a look at this:

GPRS Class overview | NewLC

My Nokia E71 got the same problem with your Nexus 1, so I bought a Nexus 1, but not shipped yet, hopefull everything is fine.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links