Emergency calls only / No sim card

This is a discussion on Emergency calls only / No sim card within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Did you put the sim in the right way? First thing I did was put the sim incorrectly, and of course it wasn't detected....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Emergency calls only / No sim card

Did you put the sim in the right way? First thing I did was put the sim incorrectly, and of course it wasn't detected.

This thread has been dead for a while, and I'm still searching for a solution. Mine is slightly different. I have an AT&T Nexus One and it worked fine with my ATT SIM, my Orange SIM when I was in Europe/India and a TATA-DoCoMo SIM in India. Then while in India, things started getting strange. After a couple of days, none of the SIMs worked again. AT&T replaced the SIM and that works, but none of the others do. Orange replaced their SIM today, but it still doesn't work.

The kicker is that ALL of the SIMs work in other phones, just not in the Nexus One - BUT the AT&T one does work and only that one works. Any insight?

I would say that this is a problem with your apn settings I would ask the other providers what apn settings you need and then set them up in the phone. If that doesn't work then all I can suggest is to do a factory reset.

Emergency calls only / No sim card

It's not the APN because it doesn't work for voice calls or anything either. The phone thinks it doesn't have a SIM installed.

I think it may be more of a PUK lock issue, re: http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...-locked-2.html

When I have the AT&T SIM in, the lock checkbox is off. When I put the Orange SIM in, the lock checkbox is ON. I plan to call Orange today and see if they'll give me the PUK.

Emergency calls only / No sim card Reply to Thread

Got the PUK from Orange, the card won't take it. Any other ideas? I even downgraded to Cyanogen 6.1.1N1, which is what I used to have.

When the N1 boots up and you have the cross symbols, should there be a padlock symbol at the bottom of the screen?

No the padlock means that the bootloader is unlocked if it's not there then it's probably because you rooted with one of the other methods (like androot, superoneclick, etc.).

Emergency calls only / No sim card Reply to Thread

Thanks for verifying. I'm just trying to figure out what else could cause this. Nothing is helping or working.

Just a question for the fun of it have you tried going back to stock just see if it works??

Your not the only one

I'm having the exact same issue I'm getting a replacement phone after figuring it out that it was not the network and it was the phone itself not sure why its happening but it just started last week. I have a t-mobile phone running the new CM7. Will let you know if the new phone solves the problem.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links