Data connection crashed, voice OK??

This is a discussion on Data connection crashed, voice OK?? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hey, just had a wierd problem with my N1 - tried to browse the net, had full signal and 3G indicators up, but no matter ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Data connection crashed, voice OK??

Data connection crashed, voice OK??

Hey, just had a wierd problem with my N1 - tried to browse the net, had full signal and 3G indicators up, but no matter what I tried - it wouldn't find any sites (giving the standard "website not responding" error).

So, I get home, and try again - still nothing.

I do the *#*#4636#*#* trick to do the ping test, and got "Err. Host Not Reachable" or something like that, so shifted to GSM Only, had the same problem. Switched back to 3G, same problem.

Turned it off, left it for 5 mins and back on - and wonder of wonders, I have data back... what gives??

All this time, I could make voice calls perfectly fine, it's not a prob with the 3G network, it was the phone having a fit...

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

sounds like your carrier's network was temporarily down or you had APN issues...either way it seems to have ironed itself out.
    Radio: 20100203_2 (EPE54B)
    Recovery: RA-nexus-v1.7.0 CM Version
    Rom: CyanogenMod v5.0.6
    Kernel: Pershoot's 2.6.33.3 OC/UV/BTN
    /AUD/RAM/VFPv3 (042610)
    OC mgmt: SetCPU 1.51a
    Theme: none right now...

That's a negative on both counts - I tried my other phone, same network - 3G data working perfectly fine.

A reboot of the N1 fixed it, it's a problem that occurred on the N1 not the network.

maybe it's this:
    http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...ng-signal.html

long story short, maybe you just lost the signal and it wouldn't renegotiate without a reboot...

that or the APN settings on the phone went wonky and the long reset cleared the nasties right out of it.
    Radio: 20100203_2 (EPE54B)
    Recovery: RA-nexus-v1.7.0 CM Version
    Rom: CyanogenMod v5.0.6
    Kernel: Pershoot's 2.6.33.3 OC/UV/BTN
    /AUD/RAM/VFPv3 (042610)
    OC mgmt: SetCPU 1.51a
    Theme: none right now...

I wouldn't say it was a manifestation of the first problem as I could still make and receive calls on it in it's "failed" state.

I can't see how the APN settings could have corrupted themselves though, but then again nothing that happens on an HTC phone really surprises me anymore, I've had enough of them to know they're laws unto themselves when it comes to reliability!!

Quote Originally Posted by T5Dave View Post
    I wouldn't say it was a manifestation of the first problem as I could still make and receive calls on it in it's "failed" state.

I can't see how the APN settings could have corrupted themselves though, but then again nothing that happens on an HTC phone really surprises me anymore, I've had enough of them to know they're laws unto themselves when it comes to reliability!!
    THIS was one of the reasons I put taskiller on my phone...the background apps can sometimes abscond with your data connection, rendering it unusable for browsing...browser will time out/no connection/etc. A kill-all, and boom..back to surfing...I think it's bad code in some app somewhere, but I haven't taken the time to narrow down precisely which app it is.

Try to keep in mind that the Nexus One is a computer that just happens to be a phone too. First time a problem happens I always re-boot the phone to see if the problem fixed itself and normally, the problem is fixed with the re-boot.

Quote Originally Posted by N1David View Post
    Try to keep in mind that the Nexus One is a computer that just happens to be a phone too. First time a problem happens I always re-boot the phone to see if the problem fixed itself and normally, the problem is fixed with the re-boot.
    I've had dozens of smartphones to know that!! From an HTC SPV C500, to an N95, to an iPhone, to an HTC Touch Pro, to the N1 - and I'm well versed in "turn it off and back on"... that's not the problem!

I've got a linux PC that has been on, and running for multiple days on end. I'd expect flakiness from Windows Mobile (and got what I expected with the Touch Pro), but not a linux subsystem...

Happily though, the fault hasn't re-occurred (yet), but it's a bit lame to suggest that everything is fixed with a reboot, when the OS it's based on is a paragon of stability and reliability!!!

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    THIS was one of the reasons I put taskiller on my phone...the background apps can sometimes abscond with your data connection, rendering it unusable for browsing...browser will time out/no connection/etc. A kill-all, and boom..back to surfing...I think it's bad code in some app somewhere, but I haven't taken the time to narrow down precisely which app it is.
    I have ATK on, but I will admit I didn't actually even think about giving it the once over - if it exhibits the same symptoms, I'll just kill apps one by one till it decides to work again good idea!

my phone keeps doing the same thing. just started about 2 days ago, it'll show full 3g signal but after a couple of minutes of browsing or listening to pandora, it just seems as if the data stops flowing even though the signal is full. i put in a new sim card today, didn't fix the problem, did a factory reset and it didn't solve it. so i think i may be sending my phone back for a replacement.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links